26 • sleepover

6th year was ending, and it truly was breaking the hearts of the Marauders. They were left with their last year, and that was it. What was life to be like after Hogwarts?

When not in class, they all spent most of their time in the Gryffindor common room, and occasionally the Ravenclaw one.

Lily and James spent countless hours together, laughing. She helped him with his work and he helped her have true fun, and it was beautiful that way.

They all sat in a circle of couches in the common room now, reminiscing about their 6th year. James has his arm around Lily, and she leaned into him, and Sirius sat closely next to him. On the couch across from them, Peter sat under Cocos legs, and she was leaned on Remus, sitting in between his legs.

They all seemed to be sad.

"I can't believe I won't see you two for the summer." Coco sniffled, referring to Remus and Peter.

"That'll only make our reunion more sweet." Remus mumbled, and tightened his arms around her.

"We've exhausted all our pranks, what do we do now?" James sighed.

"We can have a sleepover tonight." Sirius suggested.

"We always have sleepovers. We dorm together." Peter reminded with a chuckle.

"Yeah, but we haven't with Lily." James said.
Lily hesitated, then smiled.

"Sleepover night it is." She blushed, and her eyes flickered over to James, who's cheeks grew rosy at the sight of her.

"I don't feel like going back to the Ravenclaw common room to get my pajamas." Coco complained. Her hands fiddled with the necklace her friends had bought her, with their first initials dangling on the chain.

"You can borrow some of mine." Remus quickly said. Coco smiled deeply and leaned into his warm body more. With a mix of Remus's warm chest, and her friends across from here, all Coco could feel, was that she was at home.

Marlene's black cat ran across the common room, and she ran after it. The air smelt of apples as the sun set.

In fact, Coco began to doze off slightly, and soon found herself being carried up stairs. She opened her eyes and yawned.

"Shit, well now I'm not sleeping through the night." She mumbled, and looked up at Remus, who was carrying her. She felt that familiar sensation in her stomach, and couldn't seem to take her eyes off his soft lips.

"Want to get snacks in the kitchens?" Coco asked the group, as she was put down.

"I'm tired, you and Moony go get it." Sirius replied. Coco nodded and the pair headed back down the stairs. Remus fumbled at the bottom and fell over, which caused Coco to burst with laughter.

"You'd laugh instead of helping me up?" Remus sarcastically asked from his position on the floor, rubbing his back.

"I'll help you up after i've had a good laugh about it." Coco chuckled, she offered him and hand and he took it. She pulled him up, and they shared jokes as they left the common room. Suddenly Remus stopped, and looked worried.

"I forgot the map." He said. Coco shrugged, and grabbed his hand to pull him in the direction of the kitchens.

"We'll just have to be extra careful." She whispered, and they tiptoed along the corridors.

They began walking down one of the moving staircases, when it started moving, and unexpectedly, Coco lost her balance.

Adrenaline pumped through her body out of fear, but before she fell over, Remus grabbed her waist. They seemed frozen in that moment. So intimately close and with no one around.