28 • Attacks

A week into 7th year. A week into 7th year, and the Wizarding World was already pushed off the brink of war. It is war. And this became more evident as the daily prophet came each day, more muggleborns dying, horrific attacks and torture unexplainable. But they would always be safe inside of Hogwarts, Dumbledore told them.

That is, until the in-school Death Eaters began to do their part. They were so quick, that none of them could be caught and punished, for there was not enough evidence against them. Coco thought Voldemort was awfully sloppy for having a bunch of kids throw around hexes and other kids- especially under Dumbledore's supervision. So the attacks were rare. This left everyone on edge, until Sirius Black became the target of one of their massacres, and pushed the marauders over edge.

Coco walked in the hallways, searching for Sirius, who hadn't showed up in History of Magic. Something didn't feel right. She walked quickly through the hallways, calling his name, and glancing down at the map to see if anyone was coming.

"Sirius!" She called desperately. She glanced down at the map, and saw Professor McGonagall walking towards her.

"Mischief Managed." Coco muttered wither her wand to the parchment, and shoved it in her pocket just in time.

"Miss Fawley, why are you not in class?" McGonagall asked. Coco looked around quickly, and decided to come up with a quick lie. She typically always told the truth to Professor McGonagall, but she wanted to move along as quickly as possible.

"Bathroom." Coco replied simply. McGonagall looked at her confused, and looked over to the nearest girls bathroom.

"That one?" She asked in slight disbelief, and pointed to the bathroom. Coco looked over. Of course, it was Moaning Myrtles bathroom. Her breath hitched in her throat.

"It's the nearest one." Coco replied, and shuffled in her place slightly, pretending she needed to pee. McGonagall shrugged.

"All right, then." She said, and didn't take her eyes off Coco.

Oh, I'll have to actually go in, Coco miserably thought. She quickly walked into the bathroom, and pulled out the map once the door had shut.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." She whispered, and let out a breath of relief when she saw McGonagall walking off. In fact, Coco was just about to leave, when a high voice called from behind her.

"Here just to hide from a teacher? Figures. No one would want to go in this bathroom, because i'm so dreadful, aren't I?" Moaning Myrtle seethed. Coco turned around and rolled her eyes.

"Look, Myrtle, I just want to know where Sirius is." Coco sighed. Myrtle floated up closer to Coco.

"You've given me no reason to tell you where Sirius Black is." Myrtle huffed. Coco's eyes widened.

"You know where he is?" She asked desperately.

"Yes, and maybe if you ask kindly, I'll tell you." Moaning Myrtle replied. Coco clenched her jaw out of frustration.

"Will you please tell me?" She asked, looking down.

"I don't see why it's such a big deal, anyways. He was arguing with one of the Slytherin boy, and they headed into the empty classroom. You know, when I went to school, the classroom wasn't empty-" Myrtle ranted.

"Which Slytherin boy?" Coco interrupted.

"So rude of you. And I don't know, he had his hood up." Myrtle responded. All the in school attacks have been done by kids with their good up, masking their identity.

Coco bolted out of the bathroom, ignoring Myrtle, who screamed after her. She burst into the nearest empty classroom, and saw Sirius standing there with his hand on his stomach. His shaky hand pulled away, and to both of their horror, their was blood.