9.

Somehow, a few hours later the two of them ended up alone in the room. Jaehyun was supposed to be leaving with him but he had already left with the others, drunkenly shouting about going to a nearby barbeque place despite eating a gourmet buffet hours prior. Apparently that is what happened through the text that Jaehyun sent after Yuta stumbled back into the main room after retrieving a glass of water, only to be met with the soft hum of the music selection screen and Taeyong's face.

It might just be from the high amount of dramas he had been binge watching in the past but he felt as if he was in one at the moment from the way the two of them were staring at each other. 

His boss was walking around, slim fingers picking up every single piece of trash, whether it was big or small, that the some of the employees had left behind. The amount he had to clean up was minimal and he prayed that at least a few of  them helped clean up the mess they made. Especially everything that Taeyong had done for them; from the really really expensive dinner to the five hours of karaoke that involved more food and triple the amount of alcohol they drank with the dinner. This was simply the fact that Taeyong was their boss.

Now Yuta is quietly picking up the remaining trash alone with his boss. The boss that he had a major crush on, the boss that made his heart beat a thousand times quicker. He knows that he was being obvious, he knows he is being a lot more nervous than he usually is. He knows that he should avoid eye contact because if he looked into Taeyong's eye one more time tonight, he is one hundred percent he's going to explode.

It became even more awkward as Yuta bowed to leave. Taeyong wore a bright wide smile on his face, his hand waving and his eyes teasing him once again. Yuta sighed, wondering why drunk Taeyong couldn't be like sober and normal Taeyong. Instead of the usual stone cold resting bitch face he wore during the office hours, Taeyong has the softest cheeks and fluffy hair that is desperately begging to be played with.

Luck obviously wasn't on his side as he steps out onto the sidewalk, shaky fingers searching his pocket to make sure he had his apartment key; and of course he doesn't. It then hits him that he gave it to Jaehyun to hold since it was uncomfortably stabbing his thigh the whole night, and the said boy was currently off somewhere with the rest shoving food and more alcohol down their throats.

Yuta knew Jaehyun by now, he already knows that Jaehyun wasn't going to pick up the phone; but he tries anyway and is met with a bubbly voicemail that makes Yuta roll his eyes. "Why didn't you pick up?" He whines as he runs a hand through his hair, tugging slightly at the ends as he presses the call button again to be met with Jaehyun's silky voice. "Asshole." Yuta sighs, fingers quickly typing away at the chat with the younger boy. "All the stuff I do for you, and you can't simply pick up the phone when I need you to."

Maybe he's a bit furious. It wasn't just because of Jaehyun not answering his phone so that he can retrieve his apartment key to go home. It was also his attempts of pushing away the thoughts of Taeyong into a small box that obviously wasn't going to fit it all. It was also the golden opportunity that Yuta had to straight up tell Taeyong how he had a major crush on him while they were alone. However there were numerous scenarios that played out in his head, which all lead to disaster. Whether it was Taeyong laughing in his face or getting straight up fired on the spot, both would end in Yuta not coming to work anymore; which is something he doesn't want to happen.

From the state the others were in, there is a high chance that they are in a barbeque place nearby. They obviously couldn't have gone far considering they were way too far past gone to even walk properly. Yuta really didn't feel like wandering around looking for them since they would convince him to stay and eat, when all he wanted to do was go home and lay in bed for days.

"You okay, Yuta?" Taeyong asks in a breathy laugh, creeping up behind Yuta, who jumped in fright and turned around to face his boss. 

"Yeah." He replied with a sigh, running a hand through his hair. "I gave my key to Jaehyun to look after, he left with everyone else and he's not answering his phone." He began to pace back and forth as the other boy watched in thought.

Taeyong looked at him with a smirk. It was small and subtle but Yuta noticed it straight away. He felt his chest rise, his throat tightened and he practically choked when Taeyong responded to him.

"You can stay at my house then."