I

They bluntly thought I was pathetic over the phone. I called in earlier that week to confirm my schedule since I was unsure. They laughed then hung up in my face probably thinking I was a prank or something. It wasn't a great start to the well paid job I was accepted to.

Nervousness washed over me when I walked up to the front desk. I subtly played with the bottom of my tucked in blouse and spoke nervously to the receptionist.

"Hi, I'm Azalea Travers. This is my first day at Valerian's Corporation." I gave a small smile to seem friendly.

The young lady with her blouse almost halfway unbuttoned looked up at me with a caked face and noticeably scowled. I held back a cringe as a clump of mascara fell off.

"You must be mistaken Missing Link and Co. is down five blocks, have a nice day." She flashed me a fake smile then kept typing. I cleared my throat embarrassment and a slight bit of anger rose and I spoke again.

"No ma'am I'm have a job at Valerian Co."

I heard her say the lines of this must be a mistake and started typing fast across her keyboard. I stood there awkwardly still messing with my plain blouse. I had to rush and find a outfit that looked professional enough due to the fact that I wore casual clothes on a day to day basis. My intern job was with a very laid back company, so business clothes weren't required. My ears picked up her quiet scoff and I saw her roll her eyes and flick them back up to me.

" Your office is 1002, a manual will be on your desk of what you can and can't have and what you can and can't do, have a nice day." She said lazily and goes back to her computer. "Thank you, I didn't catch your name?" I politely said before leaving. She completely ignored me and kept typing on her computer.  I sighed and and sulked down the main hallway. It wasn't a good start for my first day. I heard her mutter something about the corporation downgrading.

I came across a elevator and pressed the button then waited for it to open. I felt a presence behind me and turned my head to slightly to the side. A broad chest blocked my view and I craned my neck up to see a blonde man smiling widely at me. My eyes widened in nervousness and I smiled at him nervously. Never have I been this close to someone attractive.

The elevator dinged and I stepped in along with the joyful man. The doors slid shut and the elevator jerked and moved up.

"Hi." I turned halfway to meet his eyes.

"Hello." I shared a small smile and turned back to the front. I watched the numbers ascend slowly to the top floor.

"So, never seen you. I'm guessing you're new." I could already tell he had a friendly personality.

"Yeah, first day actually."

"Hm, well since it is, I'll give you a piece of advice. I recommend that you don't get on Valerian bad side. He'll fire you in point five seconds if you mess up even the slightest." He warned me. "Cute accent by the way."

"That actually makes me more nervous." I truthfully said. "Thanks too, I'm French." I smiled weakly at him. My eyes caught the companies named engraved into the elevator doors and my mind drifted a bit.

I had heard multiple rumors about Mr. Valerian. Liam Valerian, owned the biggest companies around the world. I couldn't even wrap my mind around on how a he could accomplish more than his own family did at such a young age. On top of that he was and is wealthier than Bill Gates himself.  His down fall though is that he's harsh, cold. Heard he fired someone the minute they walked into the building because he didn't like the way they dressed.

When that thought came to mind my eyes drifted down to my own plain outfit and frowned.

Even if he had a somewhat bad reputation, I didn't like making conclusions on people before I met them, so I was going off a clean slate. The stranger probably noticed my nervousness.