V

It's around six thirty and it takes about an hour or so to get to Francesca's. Currently in my room, I scrambled around wildly searching for my black heals.

"Where the fu-" I bumped head first into Val's hard leg and plopped butt first on the carpet. I let out a off then craned my neck up to see him dangling the small pair of shoes in one hand.

"You looking for these." He taunted me by shaking them in my face. I stood up and reached to take them, but he lifted them higher giving me a hard time. Lacking height has more disadvantages than advantages.

"Come on pint sized bread stick. Get the shoes." He teased. Being late to the dinner and getting yell at was out of the question. I needed my shoes from this baboon. I kicked his shin with my foot, his face scrunched up in pain then he goes down. I snatched the shoes out of his crumpled hand and I smiled triumphantly.

"Loser." I skipped out the room and entered the living room seeing Lilah with a bag of chips. She turned her head from hearing me enter. Her jaw drops with her mouth stuffed with chips.

"You look stunning." She gushed smiling widely. I glanced down at my long black Off the shoulder dress. The dress was a form fitting dress with a slit on the left leg. I wasn't wearing any makeup, only lip gloss. Makeup isn't my thing, I feel comprised. My hair is thrown into a classy messy bun. Or at least I tried to make it look that way.

"Merci." I beamed and sat down on the couch to strap on my heels. I got up and grabbed my clutch. Val came limping in glaring at me. I looked at the both of them expectantly.

"Oh no we're staying, honey." Lilah clarified knowing where I was getting at. I pursed my lips at them thinking over it. It was Friday, it wouldn't hurt.

"Where you guys going to sleep then?" I questioned. I've never had anyone over my house. I don't have any friends besides Val and Lilah, so there wasn't anyone to come over and sleep.

"You have a king sized bed, I'm sure all of us can fit on the bed." He suggestively raised his eyebrows causing me to roll my eyes. "Well I'm gonna go, don't make mess, don't do anything stupid, and don't break anything." I turned around and headed out the door.

"Yes mom." They both said sarcastically as I shut the door.

I walked out to my car and made my way to Francesca's.

My mind drifted to about what Val and Lilah said about being a third wheel was like an honor. Third wheeling sucks though, from experience. I did it once with my old friends back in high school, but spent most of the night turned around to block my sight from their persistent groping. If that's what I have to go through I again, I'm busy every time he asks me.

My question is why would he even ask me. I'm basically a glorified intern in the building, and on top of that apparently doesn't know simple English.

He's just unpredictable. It's like I walk on thin ice with him that could break with the wrong movement. He lets me wear jeans but I have to keep my shirt buttoned up and no v necks, while all the women in the office basically has their chest in your face. It's like he made a new set of rules for me. He's probably babying me since I'm so inexperienced.

But Mr. Valerian doesn't baby people.

I shoved the thoughts back down as I pull up to the crowded place. It looks way better in person. Like I feel poor already.

I get out my car and put my heels back on after talking them off to drive. I heard my heels click against the pavement as I made my way towards the expensive restaurant up. The line was ridiculous, I had to shove my way to through the waiting crowd.