XXII

"Where are we going?" He was pulling me towards my room. It was hard to keep up, my dress and heels slowing me down. "And why are you dragging me, slow down!" I half tripped on my dress, letting out a small Yelp.

"I-" he stopped abruptly making me run into his back. He then grabbed the back of my legs, lifting me into his arms. "Want the reception over as quick as possible, so we can get the hell out of here. All those people give me a headache." I rolled my looking at his side profile. I wished my side profile looked like that instead of a two year old.

"At least you have people here." I muttered, absently wrapping my arm around his neck.

My eyes locked onto the door with my name etched on it. His expensive shoe kicked it open then placed me softly the ground. My gaze shifted to him tucking his hand into his suit. His feet lead him to the closet that I didn't bother to look into. As he opened it my jaw dropped open. Various white dresses in different steels lined the whole closet and on the floor, heels.

"Pick one, I advise comfortable." He stepped out of the way for me to enter.

"And we couldn't just pick one?" I stepped into the closet then searched through the dresses.

"I need options." He walked in after me, his eyes flickering over the dresses. My eyebrows raised then scoffed.

"I can pick my own outfits." I shot him a sarcastic smile before attempting to pick out a dress.
"Let's get one thing clear, I will not be no trophy wife, or stay at home wife." I picked up a deep v neck. The skirt was a snap off that turns it into a romper. It was cute, but not it.

"I got that message when you said you want another job." There was bitterness behind the sentence and I rolled my eyes.

"Vincent, I appreciate you paying for everything, and when I mean everything, I mean everything. But I've been independent for the longest and need to help pay for something. Right now it's useless of me paying thing for anything now, you're the one paying me. I hate feeling useless." My movement paused when a idea shimmied into my mind. "Philip's!" I turned around with a smile. "I could work for Mrs. Walker for the time being. It probably won't pay like any other of my jobs but I could help pay for stuff." I clapped excitedly.

"No."

"You say that like you actually have a say in this." I laughed picking out a simple gown that I wouldn't trip over if I danced. "Besides, you can come anytime, it's perfect." I turned around with a smile holding the dress. His gaze flickered over me and his bland expression broke as he rolled his eyes.

"I come down there everyday."

"Fine." I said reluctantly. "Now let me change." He silently walked out of the room, not before giving me a side glance then another added eye roll.

-

-

The reception was tiring. I forcibly had to sit through people ask about every little deed in my life. The only one who didn't was Vincent's father, who mostly joked about how he thinks the punch was spiked as he continuously looked into his cup suspiciously. Safe to say he was drunk out of his mind along with Val and Lilah who picked all the flowers out of my hair the whole night.

This wedding was held in California, and as much as I loved traveling, I was tired of it. So we just decided to stay in a hotel for a 'honeymoon.'

"You know you don't have to carry me into the room right?" I was being held by Vincent who stood in front of the doorway to our room.

"It's tradition."

"For a house you mean." He carefully opened the door while balancing me at the same time.