XVII

Liam's point of view

I woke up with guilt still heavily sitting on me like a stack of bricks. Azalea didn't come to bed and I couldn't blame her after what I had said to her last night. I let out a deep breath, finding it difficult to breathe.

My monotonous ringtone caught my attention. I gingerly grabbed the device pressing the answer call button.

"Daniel."

"Did you do it." He asked.

"Yeah, She's upset, Dan." I sing my legs over the bed. I sighed raking my hand through my head with frustration. My mind flashed back to last night for the hundredth time, back to the same heart crushing words she said.

"I thought you cared."

"Well, got you to be a free bachelor in the next year, there can't be no strings attached." He explained. That was the goal at first. Now I wasn't so sure.

I got up still on the phone, not caring to get ready. I wanted to go check on Azalea. I knew she didn't want to see me, but I needed a glimpse of her for at least a sound mind.

I opened the door to the room and looked out. I went over to the couch and looked to see it vacant. Confusion ran through me and I looked into the spare bathroom, the kitchen, the closet. I checked everywhere.

"She's not here." I said to Daniel. I doubled check everywhere to make sure she wasn't hiding. I finally noticed the note on the counter. I picked it up to read,

Deals off, go find someone else cheap and accesible. I'm not right for this.

My phone slipped out of my hand, with a clatter to the floor. I heard Daniel yell my name through the phone, but I ignored it. I sprinted to the room and threw on a shirt and some shoes. I scooped up my phone from the ground then ran out of the room and down the stairs. I texted my driver to be ready, then noticed Daniel was still on the phone.

"I need to go find her." I hurriedly said, continuing down the stairs. "She's probably at her parents." She couldn't have gone far. We're in France.

"Look, maybe you should look for someone else." I paused on a step. I looked at the wall crazily as if he was there. "She has a sister, and she's hot." I felt my hot temper rise towards my stupidly oblivious friend over the phone.

"Are you fucking serious." I seethed.

"Dead serious man." Silence came between us as I silently fumed. A sigh came from the other end. "Look, man. You have to remember , she's not really yours-" I hung up on him, stopping my self from saying anything I would regret.

I finally reached the bottom and ran to the car waiting for me.

"Hello sir-"

"Step on it." I stopped him. I didn't have time, I told him the address and he drove to her parents house. I shouldn't have been so surprised she left.

The hurt that flashed through her eyes, nicked at the heart I forgot was there. I did care for her, I still do. It was difficult for me to show it. Daniel suggested it was a good idea to remind her, so when this was over it wouldn't hurt so bad.

I was so wrong.

Only the short time of her absence left me feeling more lonely than before I met her. She was a good person to have around, weird, but cute.

My eyes snapped to the window seeing the old French vintage apartments. I hopped out of the car silently striding into the building. Coming up to the same red door from the other day. I anxiously knocked on the door, waiting for someone to answer.