Chapter 1 Meet Sapphire Haddock

Hi guys, so this book is based 17 years after HTTYD 2 so Hiccup and Astrid are in their late 30's and are both parents. This book is also based in modern time. Anyway enjoy the book guys.

🎤🎤🎤🎤

Sapphire

"Sapphire! Summer!" I heard my mother call from down stairs.

I ran downstairs, yes downstairs, well when you have a twin sister, two adults and two dogs living in the same house together you have to make room. We'll to be more specific one adult, Dad works up north at the mines and is away a lot of the time.

"Everything ok Mom?" I asked , running into the kitchen where mom was cooking breakfast.

"Yes dear everything's fine I just need to talk to you and Summer about your upcoming exams" mom said and looked around for my sister.

"I'll go get her" I said before hurrying back up the stairs.

This might sound crazy but I love having a twin sister, you can talk to each other about anything and my sister is always there when I need her. You would think people would get us mixed up but you can't because we do look different, I have Mom's blonde coloured hair while Summer had Dad's Auburn hair colour so people can easily tell us apart. We also we totally different things, I love sports and everything sporty while Summer loves music.

I walked up to my sister bedroom and knocked on the door even though I knew she wouldn't be able to hear me because she would probably have her headphones on knowing her.

I slowly opened the door and was greeted by loads of posters of different bands stuck on the wall.

I saw my sister on her bed with, yep I guessed it her headphones on while studying for her upcoming exam.

I walked up to her bed and tapped her shoulder. She looked up at me and slid her headphones off her head.

"Hey Saph what's up?" She asked using my nickname.

"Mom wants to talk to the both of us" I stated and she nodded before unplugging her headphones from her iPhone and sliding the into the draw while taking her phone downstairs with her.

We raced down stairs and saw mom had placed breakfast on the table.

I smiled at her before sitting down next to my sister and started eating my food.

"Ok girls the main reason I called you down here was not only for your exams but it's about you birthday"

We were turning 16 in a month or two and mom always like to plan early.

"Mom our birthday's not for another two months" Summer reminded mom smirking at me.

"I know but you know I liked to plan early and this year me and your father have decided that you guys are going away for your birthday since we know we can trust you" she explained

I couldn't believe mom was letting us go away for our birthday, this is going to be great.

"Are you serious?" I asked still trying to process everything.

She nodded and we both looked at each other, smiling widely.

"But only if you do well in your exams, that's how I convinced your father to let you do this so please don't let me down" she quickly said and we nodded.

Dad was very over protective of us. Since he lost grandfather when he was 20 due to a car accident he didn't want anything to happen to us.

"Also, you are allowed to bring one friend each since we think this would be a good bonding time for everyone" mom added and we both almost screamed out in happiness.