2- Giant woman

Connie sat on the beach beside Steven, watching as Pearl and Amethyst set up the volleyball net. The morning sun set a warm glow on the four of them as they relaxed in its gentle heat.
"Steven?"
He looked up as Pearl called his name.
"Yeah?"
"Think you could help out? Amethyst and I can't quite reach the top of the pole to hang the net on."

He nodded and stood. It took her a moment, but Connie realised what was going to happen and sat up straight excitedly.
"Wait are you going to use your powers again?!" She looked up at him beaming. He laughed.
"Yeah, what of it?"
"You rarely use them around me! And you know I think they're awesome."
"Huh, I guess I never really thought about it. I just kind of use them when I need to."

He walked over to Amethyst and Pearl and picked up the end of the rope. Connie stared in awe as two beautiful wings extended from his back, flapping gracefully as he lifted himself into the air, tying the rope around the top of the pole. He glided to the other pole and tied the other end of the net.

"Hey Ste-man, I'll play you for half of your lunch tomorrow." Amethyst leaned up against the pole as Steven landed on the side of the net facing the ocean.
"Amethyst, you really want to play me?" He smirked cockily. Connie looked at the pair quizzically.
"You're on, blue boy." The quartz replied with confidence. Amethyst picked up the ball and squeezed it menacingly.
"You two are so childish..." Pearl muttered.

Amethyst was about to throw it when she felt the wind pick up. The ocean behind Steven grew taller, until an enormous arm built of water rose from its depth, leering over her as Steven smiled confidently.
"Still want that game, Amethyst?"
Amethyst grumbled in annoyance and slammed the ball down onto the ground.
"No fair! No powers allowed!"
Steven chuckled as the arm retreated back into the water.

"Steven."

He glanced at Connie's star-struck face and smiled awkwardly.
"Would it be weird to say I'm your biggest fan?" She asked as his face flushed pink. He laughed with a stammer.

"Okay, you beat me at volleyball, but you can't beat me at target practice." Amethyst placed her hands on her hips.
"I can totally beat you at target practice. I'll have you know I've been practicing." He scoffed in reply.
"Okay... maybe you can beat me... but not Opal."
Steven squinted at her.
"How come you get to fuse to beat me but I'm not allowed to use my powers?"
"Because you're stupidly powerful for a teenager. What do ya say, Pearl? Let's kick some Lapis butt?"

Pearl rolled her eyes.
"No, Opal is only for emergencies. Not some silly competition!"
Connie perked up.
"Hold on, who's Opal?"
"Amethyst and Pearl fuse into giant but graceful war machine." Replied Steven. Connie gasped.
"That sounds amazing! Can I see?"
"Sorry Connie, but as I said, it's only for emergencies. Amethyst and I only fuse when necessary." Pearl lectured as Amethyst imitated her behind her back, causing the teens to giggle uncontrollably.

"Well then what can you tell me about her?" Asked Connie. Steven clapped his hands together.
"Ohohoho, do I have the story for you."

***
Two years ago...

"Garnet's back!"
Steven rushed inside the beach house when he spotted the light of the warp pad, Pearl and Amethyst trailing behind him.
"Hello Steven." Garnet ruffled his hair.
"You find anything interesting on your mission?"
Garnet handed him a stone.
"Cool, a rock! Thanks, Garnet!" He rushed off to put it in his room.

"Well?" Pearl asked.
"I have a task for you. We need to retrieve the Heaven and Earth beetles."
"Well I'm gonna go with not Pearl." Amethyst sassed as Steven came back down the stairs. Pearl scoffed.
"I'd prefer to go with more grammatically correct people, actually."
"No. You three are going to get the Heaven beetle in the old temple. It should be at the top of the spire." Garnet instructed.
"I like this plan!" Steven grinned excitedly.