Hiss

"This is where everything leads us" Nagini exclaimed.

"The books, the maps, the newspapers. . " Kama said.

"We do make a good team, Mr Kama" Nagini smiled.

"It's been a pleasure working with you".

They were outside a huge mansion. All their clues lead here, as the potential whereabouts of Credence Barebone. After three weeks of research, they had finally did it.

"How do we sneak in?" Nagini asked.

"Let's set up a base camp here and wait until it's dark enough to break in" Kama said.

"Good plan, Mr Kama"

"Please, call me Yusuf".

The duo set up a tent nearby, making sure they are as aloof as possible. Yusuf Kama began to stir up some soup as dinner, while Nagini hugged her legs and stared off into space.

"Would you like some soup?" Kama asked as he kept a bowl of soup next to her. It wasn't a usual question, but Kama didn't know what to say.

"No thanks" Nagini pushed the bowl back to him.

"Hey" Yusuf said, "It's tough losing family. Friends even. But we'll find them. Before anyone else".

"What do you know?" Nagini snapped.

"It's a long story. I've seen many things. Dangerous things. My mother, my father, Leta.. it's tough" Yusuf said.

"At least you know about yourself. Everything about me is a mystery. I know I'm from some corner of the world and the next thing I know, I'm working in a circus" Nagini said.

"Tell me more about it" Yusuf prompted her, politely.

"Well, there was this man, Skender. Before that, I was just a lonely girl wandering in the hinterlands and he came to me and told me that he could help me get my life back together if I worked for him" Nagini explained.

"He knew you were a Maledictus?"

"I told him so. He asked me what my abilities were and I talked about this blood curse I had" Nagini said, "He recruited me. We went around the world. Egypt was our last stop before Paris".

"And what else?"

"Skender just wanted some money and a good troop. We did our best to keep up the reputation of the circus. We scared the daylights out of non magical people when we travel around" Nagini laughed, "Overall, I didn't mind being an entertainer. "

"Then it got worse" the Maledictus continued, "Skender couldn't keep up the flow of cash, so he had to tell us to keep up the good show or get fired. That's when I met Credence after our tour. He told me that he could help me".

"I see. My past seems nothing compared to yours" Yusuf remarked.

"It's nothing, Yusuf" Nagini said, "All that matters is that I'm so close to having a good life and that's all I need now".

Back at Hogwarts, things weren't exactly very well. Dumbledore had school duties and Ministry meetings. Moreover he had to rush to Rio within a few days.

A new term at Hogwarts was starting. In spite of the ongoing battle, the Ministry didn't want a halt in magical education.

Dumbledore walked around, in the lit hallways. It was nighttime and he was making sure everyone were alright and in their dormitories.

Just then he saw a very young boy inside the Potions classroom. He was busy examining several things. Definitely a curious little eleven year old boy. He was with Professor Slughorn, the Potions master.