Hain

After a few days, the Aurors had completed the contraption building. All they had to do was test it.

The werewolf was still kept in custody. The Aurors had given him a dose of Wolfsbane Potion to return him back to his human form. However they couldn't interrogate him without proper physical conditions, in this case, the werewolf had to be conscious.

The security forces were tightened and everyone in Rio were on high alert. If the werewolf managed to escape, then they had to prepare for it.

Today was the day. Today, the contraption gave them a new sort of hope, motivation and protection against Grindelwald.

"Hey there, Tina" Newt slid down on a chair next to her during breakfast. They were currently at the Ministério da Mágica to test the mechanics of the device.

Tina didn't respond. She stabbed a piece of scrambled egg with her fork, clearly disturbed by her own thoughts.

Newt knew what he had to do. He leaned in and pressed a small kiss on her cheek.

"Woah" Tina gasped, "Oh, hello Newt".

"Must I kiss you every time to get your attention?" Newt asked, his ears turning red.

"I'm not complaining" Tina grinned, "I'm just. . stressed".

Newt turned his head to look at Tina's wound. The bandages were removed, but there was a scar that seemed imprinted on her cheek.

"It has healed" Newt pointed out, "But the scar. . "

"It's fine, Newt" Tina answered, "A little scar never hurt anyone".

"Are we still. . " Newt lowered his voice, ". . courting in secret?"

"Absolutely." Tina said, "It's best if we keep it that way".

"Very well, then" Newt chuckled, "It's for the best".

They were absolutely ravenous after waking up and soon devoured their breakfasts. Just then, Bridget entered the hall.

"Oh, fancy seeing both of you here. All alone and. . " Bridget trailed off.

"Yeah, so?" Tina said.

"It seems really odd that you two are alone and obviously, a few days after you kissed and. ." Bridget rambled.

"Wait, you told her?" Newt hissed.

"I didn't! She managed to find out on her own!" Tina said, "She wasn't really tipsy and. . "

"I thought we were supposed to keep this a secret" Newt looked a bit disappointed. Then he turned to Bridget, "Okay, we're courting. Happy?"

"Newt, wait!" Tina said.

"You lied to me, Tina. You said we were courting in secret" Newt told her, "Do you know how awkward it is for me? You promised that nobody knew".

He got up from his seat and rushed off, as fast as his legs could carry him.

"You just had to ruin everything, right?" Tina said, her voice sounding hurt.

"I didn't know. . you guys are courting! Of course!" Bridget clapped her hands in glee.

"We were maintaining this as a secret and you just had to blew it up" Tina said.

"But you. . I. " Bridget protested, "You shouldn't have kept the fact that I know about the kiss from Newt! That was your fault! Plus I can keep a secret! We're best friends!".

"Gosh, you remind me so much of Queenie!" Tina yelled, with rage, "You just have to learn about everything!"

The room was deadly quiet. Then Bridget spoke, "Very well. If you feel that way, I'd better get. . going".