Hide

The next day, Dumbledore was still cooped up inside the tent. He was still not ready to face his problems and cowered away. Talk about being a Gryffindor.

The others were outside, collecting wood for a warm hearth. Jacob was examining a bunch of raw food, his baker brain analyzing what to do with the food.

They decided it would takee at least a week for them to finish the mission, with their incredibly slow pace for the creation of a perfect plan and partly because Dumbledore was being such a wuss.

To be honest, Albus was never a coward. He would get out there, with his wand raised, not afraid to kill his enemies and be loyal to his allies. The reason why he was a great Gryffindor.

But this was Grindelwald we're talking about. The man whom Dumbledore was exceptionally fond of.

"Ah, Theseus!" Jacob called the elder Scamander brother, "Look at this! Fresh cherries!"

"Finally!" Theseus threw his arms in the air, with a bit of exaggeration, "I can eat something other than those canned gross ones".

"I can make a beautiful cherry pie, if I can get puff pastry and an oven" Jacob said.

"Let's explore the fields. Maybe there's a barnhouse with some equipment. We're running out of water" Theseus said, as fast as possible, yanking Jacob away.

"Weird. When has Theseus been excited about cooking?" Tina observed.

"Cherry pie" Newt murmured, "I remember when Leta and Theseus invited me for dinner, which I didn't go to. So they sent me some leftover dessert and it was cherry pie".

"I see" Tina said, "Quite frankly, I would avoid cherry pie or anything that reminds me of my dead lover, if I were Theseus".

"Theseus is weird that way" Newt grinned, "He wants to remember her".

"I'm happy for them" Tina sighed, "I wish he could meet Leta somehow".

"Sadly there isn't a way to contact her" Newt looked crestfallen.

"Maybe there is a way" Tina thought about it, "Why didn't I bring my books? Darn it!"

"Okay, let's cool down. Why are you being so peculiar about Leta?" Newt asked.

"I don't want Theseus to feel depressed. I know how hard it is to lose someone. . " Tina gulped, reminded of her parents, "I want him to get her back".

"We'll think of something" Newt comforted her.

"I know there isn't any way to get Queenie back, so might as well reunite them some way or the other" Tina shrugged.

"Don't think like that. We'll get Queenie back faster than we can say 'Grindelwald'" Newt smiled, hopefully.

"Okay then, Grindelwald" Tina made a face, "Now where is she?"

Newt rolled his eyes, "Seriously?"

"Can't tolerate me?" Tina said, grinning widely like the annoying kid in Muggle schools who'd come up with cringey puns and literal thinking.

"I'll put up with you for all eternity" Newt said, his heart practically opening to her.

"Mm, then be prepared to hear a string of jokes and puns coming your way" Tina said.

Newt grinned, a mischievous smile dancing on his lips.

"What, you think I'm a career driven woman and not a pleasant annoying girl?" Tina said, her eyes widening.

"No, but I'd like to see you try" Newt chuckled, "If you manage to make this mission less scary, I would be very grateful that I'll kiss you".

Tina's eyebrows raised, at his eccentric deal. Without hesitation, Newt swooped down to plant a quick kiss on her lips.