Hazy

"Oooh, Jacob!" Bridget cried, in a singsong voice. She already had enough drinks - about seven of them and she was pretty tipsy herself.

"Bridget!" Jacob rushed to her rescue, "You're . . very much drunk".

By that time, Newt and Tina were kicked out of the pub for causing so much of stampede after the "Jose Ramos" incident. Jacob grabbed Bridget's hand and tucked her wand in his pocket and yanked her out of the pub.

Both Newt and Tina were waiting for them.

"Bridget is. . " Jacob gasped for air.

Tina pulled out her wand, but Newt eyed her, "No, not here".

"Helllpppppp me, Jaaaaccccob!" Bridget cried. The four of them linked hands and Apparated to the inn as fast as possible.

"Should I cast a Sobering Charm now?" Tina asked.

"No, this is serious" Newt examined Bridget, "Jacob, how many drinks did she have?"

"Maybe three?" Jacob guessed.

"No, she looks like she's had enough to get herself drowned in alcohol" Tina said.

"We'll get her some tea" Newt told them. Jacob quickly rushed to grab a box of chamomile tea and quickly prepared some in the small kitchen they had in Tina's bedroom.

After helping Bridget get to her consciousness, they cast a Sobering Charm. Immediately she fell into a dreamless slumber after being completely knocked out.

"I'm wiped out" Jacob pulled out his tie, "I'm going to bed".

"We'll stay here with Bridget" Newt said, "If that's okay with Tina".

"Of course" Tina said, "And I'd also want to wait for Theseus".

"G'night, pals" Jacob said, returning to his room.

Tina removed her coat and hung it in her wardrobe. She looked out of the window, the moonlight illuminating the small garden outside the inn.

"I hope Dumbledore's safe" Tina murmured.

"The Ministry is assuring a safe trip for him" Newt responded, "The only thing we need to worry about is Grindelwald's plan of taking control of the British Ministry".

"How's that even possible?" Tina turned to him, "It is one of the most safest Ministries ever. It has sworn to secrecy".

"Well, anything is possible, huh?" Newt said, "We must stop it before it gets haywire".

"Grindelwald has got several middlemen working for him, undercover as Aurors" Tina said, "If there's a possibility of a tracking mechanism, we can prevent him from gaining support".

"Could be a good solution" Newt commented, "We can ask Dumbledore if we can have such a system".

"And we can even suggest it to MACUSA and the Parisian Ministry!" Tina exclaimed with realization, "But how are we supposed to create such a system?"

"Maybe we'll have a particular contraption which can analyze and go through documents about the person?" Newt asked, shrugging.

"We'll see" Tina sighed.

Newt realized the despairation in Tina's voice. The hint of sadness about losing Achilles, whom she had courted for a couple of months. The little disappointment in her tone about Queenie.

What Newt didn't observe was, Tina was in fact, very much thinking about how she was so close to courting Newt.

"Would you like some tea?" Newt asked, "I can make some for you".

"Oh, uh, no thanks" Tina answered, "Tea is too sweet".

"Nice weather outside" Newt pointed out.

"It's not freezing like in New York, thank God" Tina said, "Just a little rainy".

"It's nearly October" Newt told her, "Almost time for Hallowe'en".

"Oh, Mercy Lewis, I loved Fall when I was a graduate. We had costume parties, food all around and it's just. . amazing back in our neighborhood. Mrs Esposito would bring up some Pumpkin Pies and Mr Walkers would sing" Tina reminisced, "He was a very bad singer".

Newt laughed, "Back in London, Mum and Dad would set up a huge Fall Festival in the neighborhood and let's just say I get sick every year after eating a whole box of candy".

As they talked about Hallowe'en, Newt couldn't help but appreciate all of Tina's little incidents and her facial expressions whenever she described them. It was almost as if she was reenacting the incidents.

"Tina?" Newt began, taking a step closer to her.

"What?" she asked, in a small voice.

"I'm glad you're here" Newt said, enveloping her into a hesitant hug, which Tina gladly reciprocated.

"I'm happy you're here" Tina replied, resting her head on his shoulder. Neither of them wanted to part.

Tina couldn't notice, but a single tear of hope fell down from Newt's cheek. He didn't want to cry, but he didn't stop his tears. Quickly he wiped them, still maintaining a stable hug.

Tina wanted to cry too, but she held them back. It was the first time they felt some feelings for the other, out of the "friend" radar and rather more like, "I need you" radar.

"Don't run away" Newt requested, his heart beating faster than ever.

"Seriously? Out of all the requests in the world, you choose this?" Tina said. They slowly pulled apart, too shy to meet the other's glance.

"I think this is more appropriate" Newt grinned.

"That's what I like about you, Newt" Tina blurted out, without having a good debate within herself, "You make life so much more interesting than ever".

"You think so?" Newt asked.

Tina nodded, ever so slightly.

"I know so" she said, "You're amazing, in every aspect and you care a lot about everyone. You literally came to Paris illegally to explain the situation".

"You're not too bad yourself" Newt grinned cheekily, "You're protective, brave and intelligent. You've accomplished so much more and you make your life the way you want, which is why I think very highly of you".

"Well, I guess you are right about one thing" Tina said, "I am kind of a brat, aren't I?"

"You're incredible, Tina" Newt stepped a bit closer, "You don't realize that you're probably the best Auror in the world and you care about people. You don't give up so easily".

It was as if a magnet was pulling them closer and closer, as they showered the other with compliments. At the end, Newt and Tina leaned in at the same time, praying that there wouldn't be some kind of interruption this time.

And this time, their lips met and what probably would've been the best first kiss they had ever had.

It was a start of something new. Something beautiful.

A/N : Yess! You're welcome, thank you, yes, very much!! Yes, I know some of you might've had a panic attack. To support my stance, I've actually never written so much description in my entire life than this chapter!

Yess, two updates in one day! This is because I may not update tomorrow due to the fact that I've like a bunch of tests coming up. So yeahh

Yay!!! Newtina has sailed!! *plays a trumpet really badly*.

Thanks for reading and please vote and comment on this! Have a nice day!

A_Quibbler

P.S - The next chapter is gonna feature someone special. Someone with a twinkle in his/her eye.

Take a wild guess. I'm sorry if I've spoiled the story, but hey, it isn't a major spoiler.

Okay byee