The Torchwood Terror. Chapter 1. Something Strange

I pick up my books. It's the end of class. I had to rush to get to my next class. My name is Katrina. Katrina Ariane and I'm not your ordinary student, I'm not even from here. It was almost the end of class.  I look around cautiously at the other students leaving the classroom this was a habit of mine. Always keep alert that's something my dad told me to do. The second thing would be to always notice anything strange or unusual. My teacher Clara saw me and walks behind me at the same moment I glance at the window spotting a shadow of someone watching me. I tense up frightened. 

       "Katrina?  Is something wrong?" My teacher came over to me.

I Jump a tiny bit startled by her interrupting me. I turn around to face her. "What? Ahh! Oh.. yeah everything is ok, I've got to get to my next class"

                     She gives me a skeptical look.

"Alright then. Best not be late"

                     I rush off to my next class glad to not get confronted by my teacher. The shadow figure in the window was definitely alarming. All day I've felt like unknown eyes were watching me. Who's eyes those were... I didn't know and I beared down my mind to figure out it.

Before I know it it's the end of the day and I walk back into the classroom that I had saw the shadow in the window, glancing at the window I found it was void of any movement. Along with that it was the classroom that I had  clara again as my teacher.

          "Alright everyone open your books to page 342 and start reading" she announces to the classroom.

All day I have noticed all the lights flickering strangely and I have kept an eye on them. I casually look up from my textbook and see the lights flickering more quickly now which scares me, I know something is up and it isn't good deep down I just hoped the light was needing to be changed, but my senses told me otherwise. Clara notices the frightened look on my face and calls on me.

          "Katrina, may I see you in the hall for a minute?"

I stand up and leave my book still set on the table and follow her out in the hall, I wasn't afraid of going out there with my teacher. I was a well hard working student, I knew it wasn't me being in trouble.

           "Now katrina.  Something is wrong and I think you know what"

I look up at her knowing she's right and something is up. I am angry at  myself for showing it. I should of hidden it better. I try to think of what to say but I guessed that I probably should at least try to tell the truth. I've seen how she leaves the classroom suspiciously she could be an ally.

            "Yes. Something is wrong... you wouldn't believe me if I told you"

I Glance at the lights that are still flickering. 

          "Oh you have no idea..try me." She prenouces

I take a deep breath,  and continue. watching the lights flickering

          "Well ok.. um well I'm not who you think I am, I'm not from here. And someone..perhaps something is after me. The whole school could be surrounded just because I'm here. And it could be anyone"

  I look at clara questionly and doubting if she would believe me.

              "And who are you? Where are you from?" She asks her expression hard to figure out.

I answer still uneasy about telling her. "Im..im.." simultaneously the lights flickering more frequently now

"I'm an alien and your not safe being with me."

      She looks at me her expression I can't read.

"What kind of alien katrina?"

       I look at her suprised. 

"Im...a..timelord"

The lights flicker so fast as if threatening to go out. Clara takes a step back covering her mouth

         "Thats...thats..impossible." She gasps.