The torchwood terror chapter 16 The DNA swap

I dream, I'm with the Doctor I'm seeing everything though his point of view. My life on earth I'm going though my normal days. I see myself though the Doctors eyes. Everyday. Protecting me. He was in the hallway of my bedroom and then suddenly a dalek came and he blew it up with his sonic. Or the day when I he was sitting on my bed with a perception filter on the look of disappointment, when I didn't see him. But none of that matters now. He's here with me. But I realize he has always been there. The rest of the dream Is me traveling the stars with him. So beautiful. I wake up and it's the next morning, clara is in the cell with us now. I don't remember when she came in. But she's here now. She is slumped against the wall not looking the best and the Doctor is sitting by the bench. I see them and rub my eyes "morning. What's going on?" I look down at the bench amazed I was able to sleep on it. The Doctor replies his voice unreadable "waiting."

I sit up on the bench. And then decide to go over and sit next to clara "hey are you ok?" I look at her in the face a caring smile on my face. "Not really but don't let him know that." She slightly glances at the Doctor. I lean in closer to clara concerned about her. "So what did they do to you?" Thinking about what they did to the Doctor and me.

"Beat me... Tried to poison me... Pretty much anything they could think of to get me to tell what I knew about timelords. I didn't. And they finally let me go."She pulls up her sleeve and shows multiple cuts and bruises and discolored patches of skin. The same on her legs and stomach "I can't let him know. He already saw what happened to you. If he knew it happened to me too... Well, I bet you know what he might try to do."

I look at her wanting to hug her but not as to not let the Doctor see and ask why. "What would he do?..and don't worry clara we will get though this" I smile hoping I encouraged her.

"He'd fight. Hard. Knowing that Torchwood hurt us both, he wouldn't stop. I can tell he's having a hard time holding back, seeing it happen to you." She reaches over and grabs my hand, not letting the Doctor see "And thank you." I give you a smile saying your very welcome, feeling better about the situation, I decide to try to talk to the Doctor. I'm a little afraid that he somehow will get mad at me. But I go over there any way. "hey dad." I smile still happy from my talk with clara "how are you?" He fiddles with his sonic "the people working here are amazing at creating deadlocks"

I look at the screwdriver "you had that all this time? Hmm knowing torchwood I thought they would know to take it away. But I guess you can't use it.. deadlocks." I glance at the door and then at him "so.. how long do you think we have until they come again?" He looks at me "I don't know." His voice level "how are you feeling katrina? You weren't too good last night." "Better. Getting some rest helped." I smile at him wanting to find some way to cheer him up despite the situation "I know we will get out of here eventually. We have to work together and keep our sprits up." He give me a smile "there she is. My girl. Always cheering people up"

 I smile glad that I got him to smile "we will get though this. Together." thinking again to what they did to us yesterday and what they are going to do, I'm nervous again. But I make sure not to show it, I just keep staring at the Doctor, my dad. He offers me a hug "you're worried aren't you?"

I look down knowing he got it right "yeah.. but I don't care. I'm with you. It's what I've always wanted. What ever they do to us I'm glad I don't have to face it alone because you are with me." I smile. And then tackle the Doctor with a big emotional hug. "I wouldn't be anywhere else." He give me a smile a bit surprised. "You will always have me here" I think "just like mom said..." He looked at me "what are you thinking about Katrina?"  "Mom. She was right. You will always be with me. You have always been there. You have always protected me and your here with me now. That memory and the one thing she said her last words I've been thinking about them lot lately. She's right. .." He thinks "your mom was always right."

"Yeah.." before I can say anything else the door is open and the door way filled with torchwood personal. Claras face is filled with panic and the Doctor pulls me close. I stare at the personal waiting for them so say or do something. The Doctors voice is low "what do you want now?" The personal says nothing and rips me away from the Doctor the others grab clara. I struggle not wanting to go, not wanting to leave the Doctor as I have a feeling they might make me. "let me go!"

The Doctor tries to pull me away from them but they pull us out of the cell, closing the door.  "No!" I struggle more, looking back at the Doctor not looking away for a secound "let me go!" trying to pull away towards the cell. The personal speaks up "don't worry, you will get to see your dad again." Clara moans as the personal holding her don't try to avoid her wounds. I have a worried look on my face. I stop struggling cause the personal holding me have a strong grip that hurts me arms. I look one last time at the Doctor, a desperate look on my face as they pull me away. "Doctor..."

The personal leads us into the fimilar room and tie us up on the vertical tables. "Miss clara I do think you will be more corporative today." I look at the personal a bit mad, showing in my voice "so what are you going to do to us today?" "Mostly comparing human and timelord DNA." I look over to clara knowing that means they are going to test on her too. "Katrina..." Clara says my name looking very scared. The personal takes some of our blood and connects a tube to our necks, making a slight pinch. "Mmm.." I try not to cry out. Clara bite her lip hard. "You need these why?" I answer her thinking "DNA. .. hmm they could do a lot of things with my DNA... but needing hers that can't be good."

The Personal grins widely at the computer screen "Oh my, look at that! such a difference in Timelord DNA than in a human's! It's so alive. She turns to face us both "Wonder what would happen if we combined them?" I look at her hoping she doesn't try "that's.. not a good idea."

"Oh don't worry dear Katrina, we won't do anything like that to Miss Clara. At least not yet. We have quite a few other tests for you both." "hmm" I look down at the floor glad I'm not alone but concerned about them testing on clara. She sees me worried but not sure who for "Hey, it's going to be ok. All of us, we'll be fine. You, me, the Doctor. We'll get through it." "Yeah..." I reply lost in thought then get an idea on how to escape. I telpathic clara "it might work I don't know if it will succeed but I'm on the brink of coming up with a plan to escape" She looks at me still scared, not knowing how to do telpathic. The personal comes to me and clara forcing pills down our throats. I gag almost wanting to throw it up but the personal makes me swallow it I telpathic clara "It's ok I know you never did telpathic before. Just think of what you want to say and then I will do the rest. I don't know what this test is but I've got a plan if my powers don't fail me." I look over at what the personal is doing, trying to determine what the next test is. Clara is almost about to throw up but replies back telpathic "can you get us out?"

"Maybe. If the stuff they injected me with yesterday wore off and it's not dead locked then perhaps." I finish doing telpathic and concentrate on the locks on the shackles, but as soon as I do I get I sick feeling in my stomach, and I stop. "ugh my powers must be still stopped, sorry clara." I look down not wanting to show the agent that I felt sick for a minute there. The torchwood puts a tube on me and claras chest I gasp from the pain. "What's that for?" He personal looks at me "well aren't you curious today." "Well knowing what you did before I'd like to be aware and making sure you don't do something that could kill me. Or my friends." trying to be firm. "Do you honestly think I would kill you? I won't do that." I reply "You could of yesterday.. I know you won't kill us." I stop talking knowing I can't argue very well with the torchwood. The personal looks at me. "Now what we're you saying about putting some of you're DNA in clara?" "You heard our telpathic?"

"Of course we see everything shows up on these screens" She gestures to the screen. "Oh great." feeling stupid of course. getting back to the subject "anyway. You don't want to do that. It's not going to end well trust me." giving the personal a serious stare. "And why do you say that?" I ignore the personal and don't look at clara not wanting to make her scared, still being serious with the personal. "Dont. Do it." She looks up from the screens "and what would happen if I put some of you're DNA in her?" I think I don't want to tell them but I'm worried for clara, I sigh "if you do it you will kill her. Timelord DNA is too much for any humans to handle." I look at you and then at the personal, hoping she doesn't try it. The personal stares at me "Ooh a timelord - human mix how tempting..." Clara looks at me scared. "No! Leave her alone! You will kill her!" I struggle in my shackles.