Zhao Liu

"Well, I am not the one who is behind all this." Said Brethren.
Kira gestured him to go forward. She could see that his eyes had turned dark and he was not fearful anymore.
"My real name is Zhao Ming, second son of the Zhao clan." He said.
"Zhao clan, you mean one of the most feared Chinese vampire clan, right?" Kira asked.
"Yes that's the one." He replied.
"But I thought they were feared but you're the one who had almost shit in his pants seeing two kids." Kira said smirking. "So are you like some kind of black mark to the clan?"
"No! That's not it." He said kind of yelling. Kira raised an eyebrow at him with amusement. "Alright, go on Mr. Zhao." She said.
"Well, I was the least favored child out of all my siblings." He said.
"Yeah, I figured that out." Kira said shrugging.
Brethren wanted to glare and snap back but it was a bad idea. So, he decide to continue with his story.
"How many siblings did you have anyway?" Kira asked.
"I had ten siblings."
"Alright, go on."
"The eldest son, Zhao Liu was the sibling most doted on and favored. But he still wasn't all that prideful. He was the only one nice to me among the entire clan. Whenever I used to get bullied or being called weak he would defend me." He said as tears began to drop down his wrinkly pale cheeks.
Kira was ruthless, but that doesn't mean she was completely heartless. She waited for Brethren to finish his emotional moment and then told him to go on.
"Father and mother were incredibly proud of him especially after he took down an entire clan all by himself. They said that he was the blessing to our clan, and from that day on he was worshipped among everyone.
The more he became famous, the more I was ignored by everyone. It was as if i was his shadow. I then started to become more and more jealous of him. And at one point even he forgot about me. I was des-
perate for love and attention. I suppress-
ed my jealousy, and started following my brother everywhere.
I wanted his attention back. I started doing all the dirty work for him so that his reputation doesn't go down- killing, dealing with thugs or torturing." He ended with a sharp breath.
"That still doesn't explain why you would kidnap Kaien's daughter." Kira said narr-
owing her eyes.
"Even though he forgot about me, he loved mother and father and the rest of the clan a lot. Our clan being one of the top clans had a kill rate of 95% a year, of course kill of humans.
The hunter association was always behi-nd us, but Zhao Liu would always defeat them. But then came in Kaien Cross, the most skilled hunter I'd ever seen joined with Ryan Lockhart and Hunter Kylos and someone else who I didn't really know about.
I had gone out to the city for some blood and when I came back I saw the entire clan's dead bodies. I got really scared. I went in to check if anyone was alive. I went inside my house and saw Zhao Liu injured badly but alive.
I quickly healed his wounds and let him rest for the night.  Next morning when I went to put fresh bandages on him, I saw him sitting down and glaring at the wall. I called him, he looked at me with the most vicious glare I ever got. He spat harsh words at me saying I was a coward and ran away when my clan was in grave danger."
"Wait, so let me get this straight, you had gone to the city when this all happened?" Kira asked.
"Yes, I did. And I wasn't, nor anyone in the clan was aware of the attack."
"I see, alright yeah, go on."
"After he calmed down a bit, I asked him about the attack. He said he barely surv-vived and dad was taken with the hunters.
After a few days of healing I found out that his right hand and both his legs were permanently damaged. From that day on he held an extreme grudge against the hunters especially Cross.
He took some time to build another clan with my help. It wasn't as strong as the Zhao clan but it was pretty strong. He was then made different traditions and one was the red blood festival."
Kira then recalled him talking to Ramos about some festival. "Is that why you bought Yuki?"
"Yes that's one reason. But the main reason was because she is the precious daughter of Cross and brother wanted to inflict damage on him using her." He replied.
"But then, why are you the one who were doing this? Is it because your brother said it to you?" Kira asked but she was quite sure that she was right.
"Yes, my brother was the real mind behind the entire plan." He said.
"Then who is the man besides you?" Kira asked.
"Well Ramos is one of my brother's slaves."
Seeing the slave, Kira thought that Zhao Liu might not be all that strong to have such weak people protecting him. But still she should not let her guard down, after all this was just the beginning.
________________________________
Sorry guys that this chapter wasn't all that long but I wanted to post a chapter because I may not be able to for the next week but I'll try my best for that not to happen.
Btw, I have changed Ross's name to Ramos and the chapters are edited accordingly.
Keep reading to see more of Kira.

Yours truly,
Nemesis018