The grumpy Silverette

"So... you can go and clean yourself in the bathroom. Over there." Yuki said as she pointed towards the bathroom door.
It was pretty awkward for her. Zero did not talk to her at all and just stared at her whenever she said something. While Kira didn't bother and sat to watch her favorite show.
As Zero walked to the door, Yuki could see him limping and wincing, though he tried hard to suppress the clear visibility of his pain. Then just three steps before the bathroom, he was about to fall, but fortunately Yuki caught him.
"Umm... you seem to be in pain." Yuki said.
"Leave." Zero said, as he slapped away Yuki's hand.
"But you seem to be unable to walk properly." Yuki said.
"None of your business." Well, that's the longest he spoke, Yuki thought.
"How about you stop your whining and co-operate." They both heard Kira speak from behind.
Kira saw Zero glaring at her, "I mean, it's pathetically clear that you can't aid to yourself, so learn to appreciate someone's kindness." Kira said. Although, Yuki felt what Kira said was quite hypocritical, she didn't stop her. After all, she needed to get this job done.
"Why're you two concerning yourselves with a stranger?" Zero said, contempt flashing in his eyes.
"To be honest, I don't really care. But if you keep resisting Yuki, she'll keep pestering you and indirectly it'll be annoying for me and of course you." Kira said, "So, how 'bout you make things easier for everyone here."
"Please." Was all Yuki said to Zero as she looked at him with her warm brown eyes. Zero wanted to deny but something about these two girls made him comfortable. He denied that familiar feeling.
"Tch." Zero said before he went inside the bathroom.
Yuki looked at Kira and gave her a cute closed-eye smile, "Thank you, Kira." She said.
"I don't know what you're thanking me for." Kira said as she turned away to go to the kitchen for dinner. Yuki chuckled softly at Kira's tsundereness. (is that even a word?)
Yuki got the convenient first-aid box and went inside the bathroom.
While Kira put Kaien-made food in the microwave. Although Kira made food once in a while, standing on top of the chair like the first time she arrived here, it wasn't all that comfortable.
So, she became Kaien's cooking mentor instead leading to Kaien's success in cooking.

"Your scars look pretty deep." Yuki said as she put ointment on the silverette's back. Sometimes he winced, but other than that he kept quiet.
"There! It's done!", Yuki said as she wiped the sweat from her forehead.
"Th-Thanks.", Zero muttered, barely audible.
"Huh?"
"Nothing."
"If you guys are done, then dinner is ready." Kira said as she cocked her head through the door. Then she left to the dining table.
Yuki flashed Zero one of her heart-melting smiles and said, "Let's go. Kira is not quite the patient one."
Zero nodded, "I'll come later." He said.
"Ok, just be sure not to move much, it might open up the wounds again." Yuki said. Zero just stared at her and Yuki took that as a 'understood'. She then left leaving Zero alone.
Zero got up of his place and stood in from the the mirror. He looked at he reflection, a hit of disdain on his previous emotionless face.
He, being a hunter in training, couldn't even protect his own twin brother. His expression was guilty just at the thought of his weak but strong-willed brother. His brother, Ichiru Kiryu, even though being the non-submissive type and knowing the basics of vampire-hunting, he couldn't protect himself against the strong pureblood vampires.
He knew about Ichiru's inferiority complex. How could he not when it was clearly visible- a small hint of envy on his face when training with Zero. Ichiru was born weak. His immune system wasn't that strong, leading to him being often bed-ridden.
Zero could feel the frustration from his brother but they still loved each other to the point of willing to risk their life to save the other.
For the past few weeks, he was often out of sight. He skipped training and left his bed when ill. But he appeared ecstatic. Zero and his parents disregarded the matter thinking he found some spot to play. They were content seeing the mostly gloomy boy happy.
Damn it! He should've figured out something was wrong. Zero remembered seeing the pale-haired woman. Her ethereal fake smile towards his brother, who blushed a shade of deep red and smile back, was enough for him to understand where his brother was going for the past few weeks.
The weird inhumane aura and the way she killed his parents showed that she was a vampire. "Stupid bloodsucking bastards!" Zero growled out.
His eyes then went on the two teeth marks on his neck. Thankfully, the girl who patched him up didn't see it. What was her name again?... doesn't matter, it's not like it's important.
His mentor, Toga Yagari, said that those who'd be unlucky enough to be bitten by a pureblood will turn into something called a 'Level C'. He still didn't know what it meant though. Perhaps he should ask him soon.

"Took you long enough." Zero heard the scarlet-eyed girl say as he walked out the restroom. His eyes travelled to the dining table seeing curry-rice as dinner. A simple yet delicious meal.
"En." Zero said before he sat in one of the ochre colored wooden chair. A tick mark appeared on Kira's head and she ignored him further on.
"Umm... I'll serve you." Yuki offered with a smile but Zero has already gotten up to go to the cabinet where the plates were kept.
He got one and sat back serving himself from the bowl. By the time he'd started eating, Kira had already finished and got up to clean her plate. After she finished she said, "Good night." to Yuki, who was a bit surprised.
Yuki saw Zero eating while she'd already finished. She was contemplating whether to get up or not.
"You can leave." She heard the Silverette command.
"Uh but-" Before she could continue her protest further, Zero gave her a look. A look which was devoid of emotions but enough to convey that he wanted a moment of solitary.
"I'll see you tomorrow then." She said smiling at him. "Goodnight." She said as she got to clean her plate before she left to her room.

Although Yuki found this boy suspicious, she knew Kaien would never bring a complete stranger to the house. She wanted to know why he was so lifeless yet managed to be surrounded by a air of hostility.
Perhaps she was being too nosey. Some things are better left alone.
She, however, was very happy that Kira was finally opening up to her.
With the positive and negative thoughts, Yuki finally drifted of to deep slumber.

The next day:
"Wait, so you're telling me that Cranky Face here is a vampire hunter in training!?", Kira asked Kaien, who was sitting across the table eating his breakfast.
"Indeed.", Kaien replied. Kira gaped at him ignoring the harsh glare she was receiving from the boy because of her nickname.
Kira then looked at him, her face taking on a business look. "I want to meet your sensei."
"No.", Zero flatly denied.
Kira's eyes twitched at the denial. She grabbed him by the collar, "Listen up, you shitface, if you don't-"
Kaien slamming the chopsticks down on the table interrupted Kira's a angry rant. He pushed his glasses up his nose, the light dangerously shining on him. Yuki visibly gulped.
"Kira.", Kaien said, his tone containing no specific emotion.
"Y-Yes?", Kira asked, not used to seeing such a Kaien.
Suddenly she got tackled into a hug by the blonde man, a stream of tears flowing down his eyes.
"Aww~ my cute daughter, why do you want to meet that douche, papa can train you~", He said as he rubbed his cheek against Kira's.
Kira however tried to push him, "Move away, Old Man!", She said, "Besides who said I wanted to train!?"
Zero looked at them, a tick mark on his forehead, "Tch.", He couldn't believe this happy-go-lucky old man was a legendary figure in the hunter world.
Yuki awkwardly chuckled at them. While, Kaien separated himself from Kira, "I know you want to, I'm your dad after all.", He said.
"Whatever. Besides, don't go calling yourself my dad.", Kira said.
Tears welled up in Kaien's eyes as an invisible arrow hit at the centre of his heart, "How could you?"
Kaien then glanced at Zero, "Zero, can you take her to Yagari?"
Zero just shrugged his shoulders while Kira glared at him. "Then, why the hell did you flatly deny when I asked you!?"
"Well, because I don't like you.", Zero said, his sentence containing words of disdain for Kira. Kira got even more annoyed due to this.
"Hell, you think I like you!?", Kira exclaimed.
"Alright children, let's not go into this topic too deeply.", Kaien said as he sat on the table to finish his breakfast.
Yuki sighed as she continued eating her breakfast. Kira glared one last time at Zero before joining in the table, which Zero replied with a glance.

After breakfast, Yuki was thinking how Kira acted so out of character. Is being a hunter that important for her?