chapter 1 😚

it was monday morning at 6:07 am. i can hear my phone ringing. i rub my eyes and look at the caller id and it was mattia. i answered.
"hello?"
"hey sarah."
"hey mattia. what's up? it's early. you okay?"
"well, i'm getting breakfast before school somewhere and i wanted to know if you want to come with me. i can pick you up too if you want."
"yessir! what time are you coming?"
"around 6:45?"
"okay. i'll get ready and i'll see you soon!"
"okay. bye."
"bye mattia."
i deadass got butterflies whenever he calls me. i stretched and got out of bed. i go to my bathroom and brush my teeth, wash my face, and put on a lil bit of makeup. today's fit is just gonna be mattia's grey champion hoodie (cuz he left it at my house), some ripped black jeans, and my white authentic vans. i grab my stuff and grab my phone. i get a text from mattia saying he's outside.
"bye mom!"
"bye mija! have a good day at school!"
"gracias ama!"
i walk out and i see mattia cheezin in the drivers seat when he sees me. i get in his car.
"hola."  he said.
"heyy." i reach over to give him a hug.
"i like your hoodie." he smirked.
"thanks." i said and winked at him.
"where do you wanna eat?"
"i don't care. i'm good with anything."
"sounds good." he passes me the aux cord and i play "jungle" by drake. we started singing together and laughing. i can't tell you how much i love this boy.
after we eat, he drives us to school. we meet up with the boys before school starts.
we all say hey a give each other hugs, like always. the bell rings and i go to class. mattia always walks kairi and i to our class because we have first period together. he drops us off and gives me a big bear hug and walks to his class.
"you two need to get together already."
"stfu kairi. i'm just waiting for whenever he is ready. you know?."
"okay but when will he be "ready"?"
"i don't know. if he makes a move, he makes a move. if he doesn't, oh well. too bad."
"okay buddy. i know for a fact that you'd be heartbroken if he doesn't. but all i know is that he really likes you."
"i really like him too."
"i know. that's why you need to GET TOGETHER ALREADY!"
"I'M JUST WAITING FOR HIM TO ASK ME OUT. WHICH HE PROBABLY WON'T. SO STOP GETTING MY HOPES UP."
we both laugh it off until the actual bell rings.
lunch finally came around and i walked over to our usual table. i sit in between mattia and kairi.
"guys. guess what?" said roshaun.
"what?" all of us said.
"i brought my wig."
"you're different."
"stfu alvaro."
they both start arguing and we all burst out laughing.
after lunch, we went to our last couple periods. then we met up for soccer practice.
leila and i head to the girls locker room to change but someone called me before i could walk in. it was mattia.
"sarah!"
"yeah?"
"come here real quick."
i walked over to him. he was already dressed and ready.
"what's up?"
"do you wanna come over after practice?"
"yeah sure." i was smiling from ear to ear.
"okay. sounds good." he was smiling too.
i walk back to the locker room.
"who called you?" said leila.
"mattia."
"ohhhh. why? what did he want?"
"he asked if i wanted to come over."
"are you for real? no you're for fake!"
"i'm for real!"
"did you say yes?!"
"how could i say no?"
we both started screaming.
we finished getting ready and found the boys.
"coach said the only thing we had to do today was a practice game. mattia and alejandro are the team captains. mattia, you go first. pick someone to be on your team." said alvaro.
"i pick sarah." i walk over and he puts his arm around me.
"i pick leila." said alejandro. "she's the best on the team." he winked at her.
i know for a fact that something is going on between them.
on mattia's team: robert, pinto, and me.
on alejandro's team: leila, alvaro, and mateo.
we played until 5pm.
after the game, i went to the locker room and showered. i was not about to be sweaty if i'm going to mattia's house.
i finally finished getting changed and i walk out to find mattia waiting for me outside. we walk to say goodbye to the boys and leila and head to mattia's car. he opens the door for me and we head to his house.