Chapter 1.21: "The Punishment"

"What's happening? Why am I the only one standing?"

A voice can be heard again then suddenly the whole place turning to white space.

What...?

"Viollette..." A man called.

She was dumbfounded when she recognize this voice.

"Old man... Is that you...?"

"It's indeed me..."

"Why are you suddenly showing up?"

He never show up once, only that time when he gave her very first reward. And it's just his voice she heard that time.

Why is this old man suddenly talking to me?

"Tsk tsk tsk... You still lack manners when you're talking to me noh." The old man suddenly showed up with an annoying smile plastered on his face.

Viollette didn't mind his smile and ask the very questions keeps on pondering her mind.

"What's happening? I remember this is not part of the story."

"You already change the story, how could it be the same?"

"What? Do you mean this is my doing?"

"No, this is my doing." Viollette look at him confused.

"This is my fault... Well, I kind of made a little mistake... A very little mistake and this is my... punishment?"

"Wha--- what do you mean?"

"*sigh* Remember when I ask you to play this game?" He asks while Viollette just keep her mouth shut and wait for his explanation.

"Actually..., that time... I didn't ask permission to let you a mortal play this game of mine. When the god knows what I've done, the god locked me up and bestowed a punishment to me. The god wants to destroy the world you're currently living."

"What??? So that aura and that red sky is a punishment to you?" Viollette was left speechless.

"Uhmm... yes..." The dream of angel awkwardly answer.

"But don't worry, the god gave me a chance." He said with an awkward smile.

"And that is... You Viollette Mary Sacaria is going to protect that world."

"What do you mean?"

"I know you are the victim because I let you play this game of mine and you don't deserve to be punished. But... you are the only one who can help me. Yes, I'm asking for your help. I'm asking you to protect my world. This will be your new mission and I will reward you more than points, money, or anything you want. Just please help me... The god will also reward you." He said with teary eyed.

"Wait! How can I protect your world? No monsters, no immortals I'm going to fight. The one I'm going to fight is the god. Can I even win from the god?"

"The god is not the one who you are going to fight, it's a new creature SS monster. The god woke that creature from his slumber. That monster is the Destroyer Monster. That monster only listens to god. If you defeat that new creature then the god will let me off. Please help me." The angel begged sincerely making Viollette stress because of the angel's eyes.

"Do I have a choice...?" She sighed lightly and truly accept this fate of her.

"Really? You're going to help me?" The angel of dreams suddenly stare at her with sparkling eyes. It made Viollette felt goosebumps all over her skin.

"Yes, I'll help but I can't guarantee that I'll really win. We are talking about an unknown creatures. I don't even know how I can win this impossible battle."