9 ~ d-day

A/N: okay okay real quick, just a warning, this chapter might not be great because it's 3:04am and as most of you know i lost a friend recently and i'm still grieving that's the only reason i'm up at this ungodly hour with the best distraction in the world which is writing shitty fanfiction lmao

okay that's my warning enjoy bucky being the cute buckybear that he is for this entire chapter hehe :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You're standing in the kitchen of your house, Bucky and the team waiting for you and Tony to arrive at the facility so you can get to your mission. You were supposed to be there 45 minutes ago but Tony just couldn't resist giving you the 'I'm-your-older-brother-so-I need-to-give-you-advice' lecture that you've only heard about a thousand times before.

"...And most importantly, make sure you stay out of danger. You're just going as a help for Bucky's cover, okay? He can handle all of the dangerous stuff. I don't want you any closer to that Hydra base than you need to be."

"I get it, T." You groan. "Can we please go now? I'm already late for my first mission!"

"First and final." You hear Tony mumble under his breath as he gets his car keys, and heads downstairs to the garage. He picks up your heavy bag off of the couch on the way past, carrying it for you. You follow him downstairs to the garage and he gets into his expensive looking Ferrari and roll your eyes at how much he spends on cars he only drives once then gets a new one. Not that you guys couldn't afford it.

Tony speeds over to the facility, taking into account how late you already are. You get out of the car and race to the trunk to get your bag out but Tony beats you to it and grabs it for you, leading you into the big building and meeting the rest of the team in the living room. Once you and Tony walk in, you see everyone relaxing on the couch except Bucky and Steve who are standing up and talking about something. They turn to you when they see you and Tony.

"Oh, hey!" Bucky says, then stops himself trying not to sound too excited before clearing his throat. "Uh...ready to go?"

"Yeah, let's go." You reply with a blush, trying to ignore the obvious and accidental flattery Bucky just showed towards you, leaving the entire room exchanging knowing glances while Tony rolls his eyes.

"Are we going?" Your brother asks the group, snapping you and Bucky out of your trance you didn't even realise you were in. You try and wrap your brain around what just happened as you nod to Tony. Steve follows Tony down the stairs and you're about to turn around and pick up your bag but once again, someone comes up behind you and gets there before you.

"No, it's heavy I got it." Bucky tells you and picks it up with ease with his metal arm.

"Buck-" You start but he cuts you off.

"(Y/N/N), I'm carrying it." He smirks. "Now walk."

"Whatever you say RoboCop." You joke and you hear Bucky chuckle as he follows you down the stairs, the both of you behind the other team members that are coming to say their goodbyes and wish you luck.

"That's a new one." He says and you raise your eyebrows, surprised but also proud of yourself that after all of the dumb nicknames and insults Tony has already given him, that you actually managed to come up with something new.

"Get used to it." You smirk and he shakes his head with a smile as you reach the bottom of the staircase. You turn to the team members, and the first to give you a hug is Nat. She pulls you close to her and you can tell how worried she is, which makes you even more anxious but you try to hold it together for the group.

"I'll see you in a few weeks, (Y/N/N)." She whispers into your hair. "And I expect all the juicy details when you get home." She continues as Bruce pulls Bucky into a hug. Nat lets go of you and winks at you, making you blush and roll your eyes.

After Nat comes Wanda, Thor, Clint and the others. After they all finish saying goodbye and good luck to Bucky, you go outside to meet Steve and Tony in the quinjet. Bucky places yours and his bags down in the back as Steve presses a button that closes the door.

No going back now.

You stand behind Steve's chair and look out the window as he starts taking off, seeing the whole team waving at you from inside. Bucky comes and stands next to you as they become out of sight, and Steve starts heading towards the cabin you'll be stuck in for a few weeks, alone with a man who you can't stand...sometimes.

You go and sit down on the benches against the wall and try and concentrate on what you need to concentrate on. The mission. Time seems to fly by and you get to the site in seemingly only a few minutes when you know it's really been a few hours. Steve makes sure the quin is far enough away from base so that Hydra won't see us approaching before landing amongst some trees and pure forest. You sigh shakily as you realise you're actually here and you can't just go back home whenever you wanted now.

Tony sees your scared expression and wanders over to you on the bench as Bucky takes his seat and starts talking to Steve about the precautions of the mission.

"You sure about this?" Tony asks you and you shrug.

"No going back now." You say, looking down at your shoes and he gulps.

"Maybe this was a bad idea." He tells you honestly and your head snaps up to look at him.

"I got this, T....I'll be okay, I'm sure the nerves will disappear in a few days." You try and reassure him but he still looks conflicted. "Do you really think Barnes will let anything happen to me? He's a pro at this exact thing. We'll be okay."

"...I guess you're right." He finally admits and you pull him into a tight hug.

Oh, how wrong you were.

Hiii!!

hope you enjoyed this one, it was fun to write and i'm really excited for the next few chapters!!

thank you so much for reading it means a lot ❤️

hope you're well:)

okay bye !

love y'all xxxx