22 ~ escape plan

*Steve's POV*

"Anything?" I ask Nat as she places the satellite phone down, looking disappointed.

"Sorry, Steve." She says sadly and I go back to pacing again, as I was a few minutes ago. Tony and I have both been pacing the entire garage for what seems like hours, although he hasn't spoken much at all.

"What do we do? Do we go looking for
them?" I ask and the whole team shrugs, not having much more of a plan than I do.

"I think we have to, it's weird for them not to get in touch with us for this long. I don't like it." Thor mumbles under his breath and I turn to Tony who is now, not only pacing but biting his nails anxiously.

"Stark? She's your younger sister, you make the call." I tell him and he stops pacing and crosses his arms, taking a few seconds to think.

"Get the quin ready."

*Bucky's POV*

I try and control my breathing as I get closer and closer to (Y/N). I want to keep up my fast pace so keeping my breathing steady is essential.

I can feel myself getting close to the abandoned apartments so I duck behind some trees and look around, making sure there is no one guarding the building. Leaving the backpack next to the tree so that I can have easy access to the gun on my back, I look around one more time to double-check that I'm alone.

This time, I see a muscly looking man standing outside the main entrance, hand resting on a gun in his holster. There is another man standing a little further down, his arms crossed and a gun in his hand.

This should be fun.

*Your POV*

"Chase." You pant, the excruciating pain all over your body starting to get to you. "Please." Is all you can muster out as he enters the room, about to choose another sharp object to torture you with.

"Shh, shh." He hushes you. "I'm not done." He tells you and runs his hand through his hair, eyeing the knives on the table. You sigh out of desperation and fear, looking down and getting a quick glimpse of yourself, as well as you can, due to the chains holding you down.

You gasp silently when you see yourself. It's a lot worse than you thought. You can't seem to find a single inch of skin that doesn't have a gash or wound, and the areas that don't have one, are stained with blood. You wince at the sight and put your head back on the table, not wanting to see yourself, practically lifeless, in front of your ex-boyfriend who's wanted nothing more than to do this to you for months, if not years.

I really hope Bucky is looking for me.

You think to yourself as Chase leaves the room again, seemingly satisfied with his work. He's decided he should wait for a few of your cuts to heal before creating more. Not that there was any space for more at this point.

He leaves the room and you hear the door lock behind him. With the little strength you have left, you try and wriggle your way out of your restraints. You can't remember the last time you ate anything, it had probably been days, so your body is extremely weak and frail, not to mention the pain all over you whenever you move.

You wondered who else was in the building. If you had even managed to escape, would you just get caught as soon as you left the room?

You didn't care anymore. You just needed to get out.

You glance over at the knives on the table and stretch your arm out as far as you possibly could, trying to reach at least one.

They're not close enough.

After taking a break and a deep breath in for some much-needed air, you try again. Your fingers graze the handle of the closest knife and it moves a little, sliding a bit closer towards you. You stretch your fingers as far as you can, the chains now leaving a painful mark around your wrist.

Your fingertips touch the handle again and this time, you manage to pull it closer to you by flicking your fingers towards you. It inches closer, and closer until finally, you manage to grasp it in your fragile hand.

You manage to pull it towards you and spin it around without dropping it so that the knife is touching the chain. With your last ounce of energy, you manage to slide it into the lock. Just like Tony and Sam had taught you before the mission as a part of your survival training, you begin twisting and fidgeting the sharp end of the knife inside the lock.

After about a minute, you hear it click and unlock. You breathe a sigh of relief as it falls onto the metal table underneath you, making a quiet 'clink' sound. You carefully lift all of the loose chains off of you and sit up on the table, wincing as you do.

Slowly but surely, you slip off of the table. As you try and stand, your legs give out from underneath you, and you collapse halfway to the ground before you manage to grab the table and pull yourself back up, your arms shaking uncontrollably under your own weight.

Suddenly, you hear a key in the door to the room and you gasp and panic, looking around for anywhere to hide. Not having much time to think, you grab a knife off of the table and stand next to the door, so that when it opens you'll be behind it.

Knife in your shaky hands, the door swings open with a squeak and you try and hold your delicate body up against the wall. You hear the person on the other side of the door curse under their breath when they see the empty table.

They walk into the room and you finally get a glance at their back.

Once you're sure who it is, you manage to push yourself off the wall and limp
your way over to him.

Raising the knife above your head, you pull it down and it makes contact with his shoulder.

He groans out in pain and falls to the ground.

I have to get out of here.

hey :)

i'm so sorry it's been a while since i posted!

i've just been super busy lately but i wanted this chapter to be perfect so i've been working on it for a while hahaha

hope u guys liked this chapter !! thank you soooo much for reading it means the world as always :)

i think i might only write a few more chapters in this book and then finish it! idk hahaha

anyway...

have a good day/night xxx

love y'all <33