20 ~ just the beginning...

A/N: y'all the black widow teaser trailer is so good ahh

(it's up there if you haven't seen it ^^)

okay, that's all, enjoy :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TW: Torture by cutting and knife use

*Your POV*

~ Flashback ~

Darkness surrounds you as you open your eyes, no difference in light from when your eyes were closed. Another nightmare. You sigh and try to calm your breathing as you brush your hair out of your face, trying to fix the mess it's in.

You stand up and walk to the table to grab the bottle of water you left there earlier, still trying to calm yourself. Bucky stirs in the bed on the floor.

"What are you doing up, babe?" He mumbles into his pillow, not taking much notice of the nickname and using it so casually and naturally that it almost makes you blush.

When you don't reply because you're lost in thought, he opens his eyes slowly and sits up, looking at you with an overly tired look on his face. "(Y/N)? C'mere, doll." He opens his arms and you walk over to him, gladly laying down on your back next to him.

"It was just another nightmare, I'm okay." You tell him sincerely as he lays back down, pulls the blankets over the both of you and cuddles up to you, his metal arm laying over your stomach and his soft lips grazing your jawline.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asks you, the sleepiness evident in his voice.

"It's alright, but thank you for taking care of me." You mumble, already feeling your eyes becoming droopy. I guess being this close to Bucky seemingly made all of your troubles slip away.

"Don't speak too soon." He jokes, his eyes closed with a slight smirk on his face. You giggle along with him. You didn't know the irony that was about to come from that statement.

"Sleep, Buck. You're tired."

"Fine. Only if you stay with me." He flirts. Even when he's half asleep he's still cheeky.

~ End of flashback ~

Your eyes flicker open at the one bright light above you, blinding you instantly. Flinching, you quickly snap your head to the side. Big mistake. Sitting to your left with a condescending look on his face is, yep, you guessed it, Chase.

You're eyes drift down his arms, his elbows resting on his thighs, then to his hands, resting between his legs. He's spinning a knife carelessly between his fingers. You start to panic and try to stand up and get off of the cold table you were laying on. Your attempt fails when you realise that you're chained down to the table by your ankles and wrists. You let a desperate whimper leave your lips as you look around, searching for any sign of hope that you'll get out of
this. You look down and notice that you're only in your bra and the shorts you were wearing. Why?

Chase seems to bask in your panic and desperation, chuckling darkly to himself in the corner of the room, finally making the choice to stand up and walk towards you. As he does, the singular light from the bulb above your head captures him and he suddenly becomes someone you don't recognise.

You knew he was an awful person, evil even, but seeing him like this was on a whole new level. He was wearing a black shirt, black pants and black shoes, still playing with the knife in his hands.

"C-Chase...w-where am I?"

"Shhh." He shushes, bringing the knife up to your face and brushing it along your lips, making you tremble. "We're gonna have a little fun."

"How long have I b-been here? Where's Bucky?"

"Just a few days, love. And your boyfriend is well taken care of." He chuckles again, even more dark and conniving than the first time. What does that mean? And how have I been here for days? It feels like only a few hours.

"What d-did you do to him?" You ask, unable to stop stuttering. You start to feel your mind becoming fuzzy and your eyesight dizzy. Your limbs feel numb and you can't move them. "What did you do to me?" You whisper, suddenly realising they must've given you something to make you weaker. You look around again and something on your left catches your eye.

There's a hospital stand with an IV attached to it, trailing down to your arm and injecting something into you. The bag hanging from the stand is full of a clear liquid. What the fuck is that? How did you not notice it before? Whatever it is must be really messing with your brain, sight and body.

"No more talking unless you're answering me," Chase says sternly and raises the knife again, running it along your bare arm and smirking as you shudder under his touch. He applies a little more pressure and you cringe as blood starts to drip down your upper arm and onto the cold table under you. "We can make this as quick and painless as possible, as long as you obey me, okay?"

"What do you want?" You spit out through clenched teeth, still trying to deal with the stinging pain in your arm.

"Tell me where the book is." He replies, angrily. The book? Bucky's trigger word book? Why would they need that...unless...

"Where is he? What did you do to him?" You worry. The truth is, you knew exactly where the journal was. As soon as Steve found Bucky again and he joined the Avenger's, one of the teams' first missions was to retrieve that book. Once they did, Cap hid it behind one of the nearly unbreakable concrete walls in the new complex. With the help of Tony's suit blasting a hole through it. It was then covered up and no one has seen it since.

You sure as hell weren't going to tell anyone where it was. Not only
would that put the team, your brother, and SHIELD in danger, it would put Bucky in even more danger. To himself and to others.

"I guess we're doing this the hard way," Chase smirks, almost happy he gets to endlessly torture you.

"Do it any way you want. I'm not telling you shit." You hiss, suddenly feeling the biggest responsibility in the world to protect your non-official, but basically boyfriend.

Chase breathes out a laugh and raises his knife to your skin, trailing it down your chest bone and starting his fun.

THANK YOU GUYS SO SO SO MUCH FOR 2K READS!!! I'm so proud of this story and the fact that people actually enjoy reading it is insane to me!! you guys are the best idek what to say except thank you so so much, it really does mean the world to me :))

anyways!!...

this chapter was intense hahaha

hope you guys liked it though!

I know I just posted but I couldn't resist posting another one since it kinda ended on a cliffhanger ;)

i changed the cover of the book too btw

also, I thought I should put in a photo of what I picture Chase to look like so y'all can get a better idea x

sorry, it's a little blurry but I couldn't find a better one!!

thanks again for reading, hope you're all having a good week so far xx

love you guys sooo much <33