19 ~ trouble in paradise

"Are you sure about this, Buck?" You ask for what feels like the hundredth time. You're holding the gun up in front of you, ready to shoot, while Bucky stands behind you with his hands on your arms, holding you in the right position to shoot.

In front of you, he's set up a water bottle on top of a rock. You were trying to shoot the bottle.

"Yes, doll. I wouldn't do this if it was going to get you in danger. I wouldn't do anything if it would get you in danger." He mumbles the last part but you still manage to hear it because he was right behind you, his mouth close to your ear. "We're far enough away from Hydra for them to not hear the shot. We're okay."

"O-okay. If you say so." You hold the gun up and aim, Bucky stepping away a little to let you line up the shot yourself.

"Just focus, take a deep breath and shoot." He directs you and you nod and do as he says, taking a breath to calm yourself. You then push your finger down on the trigger, letting the bullet leave the gun. After it fires, you try to find the bottle on the rock but you can't, you must've made a perfect shot. You smile to yourself proudly and then turn to Bucky who looks just as excited and surprised as you. "Damn, doll." He breaths out, and you both knew his voice barely hid how attracted he was to you right now.

You blush and he smirks and steps closer to you, taking the gun and unloading it, deciding you didn't need more practice, with that gun anyway. You were a natural great shot, just like Tony. You take the opportunity when he's off guard to step even closer to him, lean up and leave a quick, needy kiss on his lips. When you pull away, he looks surprised but also a little giddy. He breathes out a laugh before dropping the gun on the ground, not really caring where it landed, before wrapping his metal arm around your waist, his flesh fingers coming into contact with your chin, lifting it up to his face.

He grazes your top lip softly, almost asking permission. You answer him by slightly nodding and he connects his lips with yours quickly, closing the gap between you. He lifts your chin up with his fingers, wanting complete control of your movements. He deepens the kiss and his arm wraps tighter around you, wanting you as close as possible.

You both knew neither of you was planning of pulling away anytime soon, but you're interrupted by the satellite phone from the bag. Bucky groans against your lips before pulling away reluctantly and leaning down to get it out of the bag. You feel your lips begging for his touch again but brush it off and sit on the ground next to him as he answers the phone.

"What's up?" He asks.

"Hey, just checking in, any activity at the base?" You hear Bruce's voice through the phone and you see Bucky look up and smirk at you, knowing very well there was some kind of activity, just not the kind they thought. However, you were nowhere near ready to tell the team about what was going on between you and Bucky. Everyone still thought that you hated him. And what would Tony think? Would he be angry?

You didn't want to mess things up right now. Things have been better than ever before and you were finally, dare I say, happy. For the first time since your parents died, you felt alive. You weren't holding onto the burden of hating Bucky anymore, in fact, quite the opposite. You adored him, although you could never compete with how much he adored you.

Bucky hadn't felt like this ever before, it was all new to him, especially because he's just starting to understand his own mind and his own feelings again. It was exhilarating to him that you felt the way he felt, after waiting so long for you, waiting for you to be ready to accept what he did. He didn't just want you, he needed you.

"Nothing here," He replies, looking down to the base. "Must've been a false alarm."

"Yeah, probably." Bruce mumbles. "How are you guys going anyway? (Y/N) hasn't killed you yet, Bucky?" He jokes and you roll your eyes.

"Ha ha, very funny Bruce." You reply sarcastically and everyone laughs.

*Time skip*

It was later that night and Bucky had already passed out. He was exhausted, so you didn't mind staying up alone, you knew he needed his rest. You were in the bathroom, getting ready for bed.

You brush your teeth, brush your hair and get changed out of your clothes. Instead, you decide on some comfy shorts and Bucky's big jumper that reached mid-thigh. The feeling of wearing his jumper wasn't ever going to get old for you. You would always love it.

You walk back out to the bedroom and see Bucky laying on the air mattress, his chest rising and falling slowly as he rests peacefully. You smile to yourself at the thought that he's finally able to sleep better when you're around, nightmare free, just because of your company.

Suddenly, you realise you forgot to put the fire out. You sigh and walk out of the hut, grabbing a bucket and getting ready to fill it up with water.

All of a sudden, you hear a branch crack somewhere in the forest. You swiftly snap your head around and look for any signs of danger. It's way too dark to see anything. After a few seconds of not hearing anything else, you decide to just brush it off and turn back around, deciding that it was probably an animal. Weird.

You continue with what you were doing, filling the bucket up with water before you're quickly and unexpectedly met by darkness.

*Bucky's POV*

The soldier woke up swiftly from a nightmare. He hadn't had any for a few days. It was almost like he subconsciously knew she wasn't there. He sat up in bed and looked to his left to see an empty bed next to him. He began to panic, not knowing where you were or if you were okay was something he never thought he'd have to think about when you were around him.

He didn't even question it, he knew you were in danger. He could feel your fear and desperation. He needed to find you, and fast.

He jumped up out of bed and ran out of the hut, looking left and right frantically before running his hands through his hair frustratedly. He rushes back into the hut, racing faster than he ever has to put on his tactical gear. On his way out, he grabs more than enough guns,
weapons and knives, not wanting
to take any chances on his fight for you. He rushes quickly back outside, looking around again.

He didn't even know where to start.

Which way had you gone?

How could he have let this happen?

This is exactly why he didn't want you on this mission.

He just got you.

And now he was losing you...

Hi y'all :)

sorry it's been a little while since i updated (longer than normal anyways) but hopefully, this long and dramatic chapter makes up for it!

also sorry about the cliffhanger just feel like the story needed a little more entertainment hehe

PROMISE ILL BE BACK SOON TO END THE CLIFFHANGER HAHA

thank you for reading :))

it means the world to me but you guys already know that xxx

okay bye bye

love you guys <33