24 ~ home

hey :)

sorry this one took so long hahah thanks for waiting xxx

also little disclaimer...THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER !

okay okay get ready hehe and i hope you guys enjoy the last part of this book :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Bucky's POV*

I can't believe I didn't look after her.

I promised her I would, and I couldn't keep that promise. Will she ever trust me again?

I'm sitting on the floor of the quinjet next to (Y/N), waiting for her to wake up. It's a long journey home and she went through a lot of pain when Bruce and Steve were fixing her up, so the team decided it would be best for her to get some rest, especially considering she hasn't for days.

I can't stop myself from tracing my eyes over the few lines of blood that leak through some of her bandaged-up cuts. The bandages are just temporary. When we get back home she'll definitely need to get stitched up and get properly taken care of.

A comfortable silence surrounds the quin, everyone just trying to take in what has happened during the last few days, especially me. I notice (Y/N) shiver so I grab a blanket from beside me and lay it over her, carefully making sure not to hurt her sensitive wounds.

*Time skip*

Before I know it, we land back at the facility, and I carefully pick (Y/N) up and rush her inside. I took her down to Bruce's lab and sat her down on one of his tables. She was starting to wake up by now, so she placed her hands on my cheeks and brought my face close to hers, connecting our foreheads. As much as I try to resist it, a stray tear rolls down my cheek.

"Don't cry, Buck. I'm gonna be okay." She whispers against my skin and wipes my tears away.

"I-I know," I mumble and all of a sudden, she connects our lips. I wrap my arms around her lower back as she wraps hers around my neck, pulling me closer to her. I step a little closer, so that I'm standing between her legs, and I lower my hands to her thighs, hearing her let out a small gasp as I smirk against her lips.

"You're lucky Tony's getting you something to eat." I hear Bruce say as he enters the room, making me jump away from (Y/N) quickly. "Bucky would be dead by now if he saw you two doing that." He laughs making both of us roll our eyes.

(A/N: bruce is such a cock-block wow)

I look back down to (Y/N) and see her blushing uncontrollably, which makes me smirk even more.

*Another time skip hehe*

Bruce fixed up (Y/N)'s wounds, stitching the ones that need stitching, and applying proper bandages to the others.

She seems to be doing better already, after eating the massive amount of food that Tony made for her, having a shower and getting changed into some warm, comfy clothes. We're all hanging out in the living room with the whole team, (Y/N) sitting next to me, leaning on my shoulder. Tony keeps giving me death stares from across the room and I sigh, knowing that I'm going to have to tell him what's going on between me and his sister, or things will just get worse.

"I gotta talk to Tony," I say as I lean down to her. She nods and sighs, knowing what I'm talking about. I stand up and look towards him. "T-Tony. Can we talk?" The whole team looks towards me and smirks, knowing what I need to talk to him about. Based on (Y/N) and I's body language compared to before we went on the mission, I'm pretty sure everyone knew what was going on by now.

"Yeah, okay," Tony replies and follows me out of the room, down the hall, and out onto the balcony. "What's up?" He asks when we're outside.

"Look, I know you don't approve of me because of my past. Because of who I was. But I'm not 'The Winter Soldier' anymore. I'm James Buchanan Barnes. I'm a different person, and I love your sister, Tony. I've never felt anything towards anyone the way I feel towards (Y/N). She means the world to me. Every time I see her, she gives me butterflies and I feel so happy, she brightens my mood. I know you don't like who I used to be but that's not me anymore. I would never do anything to hurt (Y/N). I love her." I admit and look down, scared of his reaction. To my surprise, he puts his hand on my shoulder, making me look into his eyes.

"I know you do, Bucky. You haven't even been home a full day and I can tell how you feel about her. You're not great at hiding it." He chuckles and I laugh with him. "I approve of you and (Y/N). I can tell how much she cares about you. I haven't seen her smile as much as she does when she's around you, in a really long time."

"Really?" I ask nervously and Tony nods.

"Now go tell her how you feel." He smiles and I chuckle and nod. I rush back inside to the living room, and without saying anything, I take (Y/N)'s hand and rush back down the hall to my bedroom, dragging her behind me as she laughs and probably leaving the rest of the team really confused. I'm sure Tony will tell them what's going on.

"(Y/N) Stark." I start as she sits on the bed and looks up at me, giggling.

"Bucky Barnes." She teases and I roll my eyes jokingly and continue.

"I love you with all my heart. I've never felt this way about anyone, (Y/N). You're beautiful, kind, funny and you make me feel so, so happy. I want everyone to know you're mine. Will you be my girlfriend?" I smile, blushing and she grins from ear to ear and stands up.

"I'd love to be your girlfriend." She says and I grin and pull her towards me, crashing our lips together.

"I love you too." She mumbles against my lips and I giggle.

THE END

GUYS

I can't believe it's over ahhh !!!

i'm so so sorry it took so long, i just wanted to make the last chapter perfect for you xxx

i seriously can't thank you guys enough for reading, i never thought i'd get any reads on this story let alone over 3k !!! i also just wanna say thank you for all the sweet and
supportive comments and all of the votes and reads, it really means everything to me that you guys enjoyed this story !! :)))

you guys are the best 😭❤️

love y'all <33333