11 ~ doll

hi there :)

I know I just posted a chapter but here's another one because I had a halloween party last night and a lot of people came and I am very very very hungover and currently am way too tired to get out of bed so here's this hehe

enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You roll around in the bed and sigh. You've been trying to sleep for what seems like hours and it's starting to frustrate you.

"(Y/N)?" You hear Bucky's husky voice from the air bed on the floor that you brought, knowing he agreed to sleep on the floor. "Why are you still awake?" He asks as he sits up, rubbing his eyes and letting the blanket drop down to his waist, showing his tight black t-shirt.

"Can't sleep knowing that we're right next to a Hydra base." You tell him, rolling on your side so you can see him. "They could come for us at any second."

"Doll..." He starts and you cover your face with your blankets and sheets that Bucky insisted you needed because of how cold you were earlier, trying to hide your blush. "Sorry, I mean (Y/N)." He casually called you that earlier. Why did it feel different now?

"I-it's okay." You say nervously as he gets out of his bed and sits on the side of yours, by your waist.

"Anyway...you know that I'm here to protect you. We have cameras and motion detectors everywhere around this base from previous missions. If anything happens, we'll know and an alert will go off back home in the facility and S.H.I.E.L.D too." He tells you. "We're safe."

"...Thanks, Bucky." You tell him and he nods before rubbing his eyes and yawning. "That helps."

"You think you'll be able to sleep okay now?"

"I-I think so." You tell him before thinking for a moment. You knew you still wouldn't be able to sleep. You just didn't want to make him worry.

"What are you thinking about?" He asks. He can read you like a book.

"Oh, nothing." You reply and he looks at you as if to say 'don't lie'. "It's just that this is my first mission and I don't want to fuck it up. I'm nervous about everything and I don't know why. I never feel like this." You blurt out in a panic and you finally look up to Bucky to see that he has a worried expression on his face. "Sorry." You tell him as an instant reflex.

"Don't apologise. I get it, (Y/N/N)." He says, and you can tell that a thought crossed his mind before he speaks up again. "D-do you want a hug?" He says and you giggle at how nervous he got suddenly. You nod and sit up and he blushes and moves a little closer to you.

He seems hesitant so you throw your arm around his neck and pull him into you. You feel his big, muscly arms wrap around your torso, the feeling of the coldness of his metal arm seeping through your shirt.

After about a minute, you both reluctantly pull away and you look into his diamond blue eyes for a second.

"Bucky?"

"Hm?"

"Do you want to sleep in the bed? It's probably cold and uncomfortable down there." You ask and his eyebrows raise in surprise and confusion. "I just feel bad making you sleep down there." That's the only reason you're asking him.

"You don't mind? I don't care about sleeping on the floor if you're uncomfortable with me in the bed."

"No, no, no." You blurt out a little too quickly before blushing and looking down, feeling embarrassed as he smirks at you. "Y-you can sleep up here. I don't mind."

"Okay. Thank you." He replies and you try and hide your smile. The air bed looks uncomfortable and it's probably freezing down there. You feel bad making him sleep down there. Why else would you want him in the bed with you?

"No problem." You reply, laying back down as he climbs over you and gets in the bed on the other side. You roll over and close your eyes and try and get to sleep again. Bucky does the same and soon you're on pretty much opposite sides of the bed.

"Goodnight, (Y/N)."

"Night, Bucky."

You drift off to sleep in minutes.

Next morning

You open your eyes and see light beaming through the walls of the hut. You cover your face with the pillow and groan, knowing that you have to get up at the ass crack of dawn to seem like real 'campers'. And also to keep monitoring Hydra.

You turn to your side and see an empty bed next to you. You realise you're still in Bucky's jumper and smile, bringing it up to your nose again so you can take in his cologne, which was slowly becoming intoxicating to you.

You manage to drag yourself out of bed, and you see Bucky sitting outside on the log, cooking breakfast over the fire. He looks up when he sees you walking over to him.

"Morning." He smiles and you sit down on the other log to the right of him.

"Morning, Barnes." You tell him and he sighs at the sound of you using his last name again. He never loved that.

"You sleep okay?" He asks.

"I slept great." You reply. "Thanks for looking after me."

"Of course. I promised you I would." He says and your brain instantly goes back to yesterday when you heard Tony and Bucky making a promise. You had to know what it was they were talking about. Maybe you'll wait until it's not so early, so he can at least sort everything out for the day.

"Right." You say and he nods and goes off to get more firewood to make the fire hotter and bigger. After a few minutes of silence, you finally gather up the courage to tell him something that's been on your mind since last night. "Bucky."

"Yes?"

"You can call me 'doll'. I don't mind, don't be embarrassed when you say it to me." You tell him suddenly and he breathes out a laugh.

"Sure thing, doll." He winks playfully.

Thank you for reading

I love you

hope you had/have a good day

you guys are the best readers ever like we're literally almost at 700! thank you guys so so so so much xxxxxx

I'm done now

love y'all <33