14 ~ intruder?

You wake up to the sound of birds chirping and the morning sun beaming through the walls of the hut. Sitting up in the bed, you yawn and stretch before seeing Bucky laying asleep next to you.

Normally he's up super early. He's probably just tired from being up so late last night.

You admire how peaceful and calm he is like this, compared to when he's awake and he's his normal super-soldier, way too serious self again. You almost lay back down to sleep next to him, but decide against it. Instead, you get out of bed and make yourself and Bucky breakfast to say 'thank you' for helping you last night.

Once breakfast is finished, you eat yours before going back inside the hut to wake Bucky up to tell him you made food. To your surprise, Bucky isn't in bed anymore. You search the room with your eyes until you see him come out of the small bathroom to the right, and your eyes widen. He's standing there, shirtless, his hair a mess and his unshaven face catching the perfect light from the sun outside.

He meets your gaze and you spin around quickly, not wanting to feel like you intruded while he was getting ready for the day.

"Morning." He grumbles, his husky morning voice evident. You can almost feel the smirk creeping up on his face.

"Uh...morning. I made breakfast, it's outside." You reply quickly and hear Bucky chuckle lightly, your back still facing him.

"Thanks, doll." You feel his hand on your back for a brief second as he brushes past you, thankfully now with a shirt on.

You follow him outside and sit down next to him on the log.

"You didn't have to make anything, I could've done it." He tells you, putting a mouthful of food in his mouth.

"It's okay...take it as a thank you." You mumble and he looks up to you and catches your eye.

"A thank you?"

"For last night. You helped me a lot, Buck."

"I promised you I would, didn't I?" He tells you rather than asks but before you can answer, you hear one of the satellite phones beeping. You rush back inside the hut and pick it up before it stops.

"Yeah?" You ask whoever is on the other end of the line.

"Hey, (Y/N)." You hear Tony's voice. "Just letting you know that we've had a warning that one of the motion sensors has been triggered so just be in high alert. It's probably another camper but there's no confirmation yet. Tell Bucky right away, okay?"

You're relieved at the familiar sound of your older brothers voice. You just wish you didn't have to hear it along with such bad news.

"O-okay. I'll tell him." You reply and then pause. "I miss you, Tony."

"I miss you too, (Y/N/N)." You hear him let out a breath. "But the most important thing to me right now is that you're safe, so go let Bucky know what's happening, okay?"

"Okay...yeah. Bye, T."

"Talk later, bug." He replies, using a nickname he's called you since you were little before you hear the line go quiet, meaning he hung up.

You fix yourself up and try and hold back your tears to go and see Bucky outside, who's just finished his breakfast.

"Bucky?" You call.

"Hm?"

"That was Tony. He said the motion sensors have been triggered. It's probably a camper but they don't know for sure who or what it is."

"Shit-" He mumbles to himself before quickly standing up and stepping in front of you, subconsciously putting his hand behind his back and taking your arm protectively. You're lucky that his back is facing you, because your nervous blush is undeniable.