|1|

⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜

⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜

Jin

 I pushed Jimin and Taehyung towards the elevators, laughing at their silliness. We won an award at Music bank for 'Run' and are going back to the Artists' room to change when Jimin and Taehyung started their silly antics much to the amusement of me and Yoongi.

Namjoon and Hoseok went back to have a word with the stylist. They were to meet us directly at the parking lot.

"Yah! Stop it!" I yelled at them when they started pulling each other's ears.

"Ah Hyungg. Taehyungie started it!" Jimin whined rubbing his red ear but stopped short after one look from Yoongi. "Arraso Miahae" He quietly mumbled. Taehyung muffled his giggle from behind me.

We made our way towards the elevators and stood behind the crowd of people already present. I turned to ask Yoongi about something when I heard Taehyung shout.

"Bogum Hyung! Annyeong!"

Taehyung rushed to hug the actor who was a good friend of Bangtan and also the MC of today's Music bank along with Irene-ssi of Red Velvet.

Park Bogum laughed and patted Tae's back and turned to greet us with a bow. We exchanged greetings while he congratulated us on our win.

"You guys were too good! The best" Bogum-ssi praised us.

"Thank you!" We replied happily.

We did not have it easy from the start. Coming from a small company with not much money the only thing we could rely on was our talent and our team. I remember when we first debuted many people were sure that we would only last a month or two before vanishing. It took a lot of hard work and dedication to be where we are now.

While Yoongi and Jimin were in a conversation with Bogum. I saw Irene-ssi quitely join the crowd waiting for the elevator. I turned around and bowed to her and she did the same.

I must have been mistaken but there was a pink glow on her cheeks. Or maybe it must be the blush. Yeah, that must be it.

We all piled into the elevator when I noticed that while the rest were all able to go in, there was no space for Irene-ssi and me. I told the rest to go ahead and assured her manager that she would be safe with me and Sejin Hyung.

As soon as the doors closed, an awkward silence filled in the now-empty corridor after Hyung left to get a coffee from the pantry nearby. We both avoided eye contact and stood on opposite sides of the elevator doors, an awkward silence prevalent.

"I heard Red Velvet is soon to make a comeback. We are eagerly looking forward to it." I say softly so that she can hear me.

"Ah Nae, Sunbaenim. Thank you." She bowed and smiled, "I saw Bangtan's performance today. It was really good."

"Thank you. It means a lot." I say, a huge grin appearing on my face.

She looked up and locked eyes with me, her eyes widened slightly before she went back to fidgeting with her small pouch. She was probably conscious of the cameras.

Although cameras were not allowed on this floor for the artist's privacy and safety it was not wise for a male idol and a female idol to stand close unless they are in any relation or wanted to attract any attention.

I looked up from my phone towards Irene-ssi when I heard her sneeze. It was not common to catch a cold in this hot weather and seeing the slight sweat formation on her forehead, it was evident she has been suffering for a while now. I watch her remove a small light blue handkerchief from her pouch and dab away the sweat.

Oddly the more I stood observing her the more her condition seemed worse. For hot weather like today, everyone preferred wearing thin clothes but she wore a trench coat on her sweater with a knee-length skirt. Her small figure was shivering slightly as she pulled her coat closer to herself. She slightly leaned against the wall and let her eyes close for a second before jerking her eyes open.

I frowned, a little concerned.

If she was this sick why did she come in for work today? Surely they could have found a replacement MC for she looked severely sick. I was about to take a step towards her when Manager Hyung came back and at the same time, the elevator dinged open. Being the only three people waiting, we got in the elevator. 

I kept an eye on Irene-ssi who had rushed into the elevator almost tripping herself before she steadied herself. People kept piling into the elevator and she kept getting pushed till she was standing at the back next to me. It seemed she did not notice her change in position as her eyes were screwed shut and a new layer of sweat formed on her forehead. 

Not knowing what to do, I silently moved and stood in front of her shielding her from getting completely pressed. Sejin Hyung gave me a confused look before looking at her and understanding the situation. 

If someone were to notice their position there would definitely be questions. I looked at my fellow passengers and noticed that most of them were stage maintenance staff and since they were all under an NDA contract, even if they noticed something they cannot reveal it to anyone. 

Lost in my thoughts, I was startled when I felt her forehead rest on my back and her hands fisting my jacket. I felt myself stiffen and my panicked eyes went towards Hyung whose eyes were wide with surprise and a little jealousy. I almost rolled my eyes at him. Everyone in my company knew that he was a huge Red Velvet fan with Irene as bias but this was not the time for all of that!

Thankfully almost everyone got off on the ground level till we three were the only ones in the elevator. I slowly turned towards her when I noticed her eyes were still closed and her breaths were coming out in pants. I detached myself from her slowly and leaned her on the wall. When my hands slightly touched her shoulder to shake her awake it was as if she completely lost control of her body and slumped against me, unconscious. 

--------

Hello!

My name is Mia, a college student completely bored during my one mone-monthtions. I was introduced to Kpop in 2017 and the first group I fell in love with as BTS. Yes, I am a multi.

My friend (also an ARMY) had once asked me what my favourite ship was. Being a new blink, my answer was Jirose and I probably read all the good Jirose fanfictions out there on Wattpad.

Then one day I came across the Jinrene ship and was quite surprised when I saw that this ship is severely underrated.

So yes. That's why I started working on this one.

I hope you like it!

Please vote and share!