|24|

Jin

We sat in the car having no clue what to do. One thing was clear, we both did not want to go back. Who knows how long it might take for us to meet again. 

JooHyun's phone beeped and her face brightened. She jumped in her seat happily and turned towards me. "My manager gave me a go! I am officially free for tonight!" 

I let out a breathe I was holding in, relieved. I honestly had no plans on what to do now but the thought of sending her back to her dorms is upsetting. I mean, it barely felt like I spent time with her today. Time flies so fast. 

"So now where do you want to go?" I ask her, resting my one hand on the steering wheel and the other behind her seat. I pulled the car in reverse gear and made out of the parking space we had occupied.

"Um...we can go to Han river? It's been a while since I've been there, you know?" She says, her voice nostalgic. I smiled at her and changed the course of the car. Han river it is.

 I could understand where she comes from. Han river is like a paradise for all idol trainees. Before debut we spent almost till midnight in the practice room before we were allowed to leave. Just thinking back of the days where we used to drag our tired body towards the Han river and enjoy some peace while eating convenience food and ramen, makes goosebumps erupt on my arms. Those were the days.

I looked at Irene next to see a similar smile to what I suspect I must be wearing. Her face was practically glowing in the dim lighting in the car. She had closed the window shut but had removed her scarf and her collar-bone and jawline was highlighted with the street lights from outside. 

Almost involuntarily, without hesitation, my hand reached out  and laced my fingers with hers. I focused my eyes on the road, feeling her hand laying limp in mine for a minute before she tightened her hold. I could not keep the smile off my face as I continued driving.

We reached the river in less than fifteen minutes and JooHyun gave out a small squeal and ran out of the car. Thankfully the place was not crowded as usual. Han River usually attracts a lot of tourists and locals alike during this time because of the fireworks. But I guess the fireworks is already over because there were really less people.

I spot her standing against the railing, looking down at the water rustling. I remember something and I walk to the back door of the car and look for the bag of supplies manager hyung keeps for us whenever we come out. I find it and stuff some in my coat pockets.

I make my way to her leisurely, enjoying the late night cool breeze. It somehow calms my being. I walk up to her, seeing her try to lean forward to see the fishes in the river excitedly. The wind is making her hair fly about and one hand comes up again and again to tuck it back  in her beanie. I stand next to her and tuck my hands in my pockets, my back resting on the railings as I look at her.

She is too absorbed in herself to notice me and somehow that makes my jealous. I don't know when this started but the moment she showed interest in anything except me, I want it back on me. Yes, I am needy like that. And that is exactly what I do.

I grab hold of her arms and pull her close to me. She stumbled a bit but steadied herself and looked up at me with curiosity glistening in her eyes. 

"What are you doing?" She asks me. She gave up on controlling her hair and let them fly freely. I take her band around her wrist and pull her close to tie them up. If she let the breeze play with her hair, she will catch a cold.

I reach inside my pockets and bring out a mask and put it on for her before doing the same to me.

"There might be much people here but people will still recognize us." I say softly.