|18|

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇

Irene

"Argh! Hey, Stop it!" He said banging his head on the table, grumbling.

I chuckle and wipe the tears from my eyes.

We were practising a cover dance of our company sunbae's song for the upcoming award show when my brother had just barged into our practice room.

I knew of his arrival before he landed in Seoul, all thanks to mom.

My brother, Bae Joon Hee is my biggest supporter. When my parents were busy running the house, it was my brother took care of me. When I decided to audition for SM he was the only one who believed in me. When I couldn't handle the stress of the trainee life, he would come to take care of me. When I was confirmed for the debut lineup, he was the one who cried in happiness.

No matter what happened in my life, he knew it and always had a solution ready before I even ask for it.

He had spent his early twenties in Korea before he decided to shift to America when he turned twenty-five. He was one of those people who was not influenced by western culture like his friends. He had no intention to leave his birth country and settle somewhere else. This was the reason why all of us were surprised to know that he had accepted a job offer in America. To date, no one knows what happened and he never shared his reasons too.

We had seen him coming inside the room and greeting our managers then going ahead to make himself comfortable in his chair while we were busy practising.

I guess we were so involved in keeping an eye on him that none of us in the room noticed when Jin came in. 

We were not able to talk to each other a lot recently due to our clashing schedules. To say that I missed him will be a big understatement. My day started with him on my mind and ended with the urge to message him. Any moment a video of BTS was uploaded, my eyes would be stuck on one person only.

Seeing him coming out of the crowd earlier in the practice made my senses go crazy. My heart felt so full just by looking at him that although I was surprised, a big smile took over my face. I wanted to run towards him and hug him tight, taking in his scent that I missed too much. He looked no less than a model walking his way through. His round glasses, white t-shirt, ripped jeans and grey jacket with his hair hidden in his hat made my heart beat crazily.

Geez. How can a person be so handsome?

I barely held myself back and suppressed my crazy emotions. Next, I notice his expression. He had a scowl on his face and his gaze was fixed on my brother. The girls were a mix of swooning and giggling mess while I had no clue of what was happening.

Just thinking of what happened next doused my laughter with a big smile as I look at him in front of me.

He was jealous. And he admits it.

To save him from further embarrassment and teasing I quickly changed out of my practice clothes and brought him to our company's café which was usually only used by artists and staff.

"It's okay now. You didn't know who he was. It's alright. He won't hate you." I try to console him while he kept groaning about how my brother is going to hate him now.

I know Joon-Hee, won't make it easy for Jin but he won't hold anything against him too. He is like that. He hardly holds grudges against people.

Jin lifts his head from the table and turns to me. He scoots his face towards me and stares at me. I squirm under his stare, entangling my fingers with my bag straps nervously.

The look on his face is as if he is imprinting my face on his memory. I returned the favour. The camera lens made no justice to how handsome the man in front of me is.

I would have missed what he said next was I not starting at him.

"I missed you."

Colour rises to my face as I feel the sincerity in his voice. My blush deepens when I mumble back at him.

"What? I can't hear you." His voice takes a teasing tone as he leans towards me.

I look up at him and give him a glare. "You heard me. I said I missed you too."

He throws his head back laughing while one hand comes up to clutch his chest.

"Ahh! JooHyun-ah! Why are you so cute?" He says, his eyes twinkling. I open and close my mouth speechless as he pinches my cheek playfully.

This clown. He is having fun seeing me all flustered

I clear my throat and ask him curiously, "How come you are here today?"

"Jimin wanted to come to meet Kai and Taemin and he begged me to accompany him." He said, taking a sip of his drink. "And also because I had a day off and wanted to see if you are free today."

I nod at him. "Yeah, I am done for the day. The practice earlier was the last thing on my schedule for today." I say, ignoring the butterflies in my stomach.

"Great! So tell me, how have you been? How is your album coming about?" He asks giving me his full attention.

"Well we just finished recording-" A voice cuts me off from behind.

"Aha! I knew it! So this is the reason you are here, hyung! Caring for my safety, bullshit."

I turn back startled and see Jimin-ssi standing with Taemin and Kai sunbaenims.

I look back at Jin, amused to see his ears getting red.

"Yah! Don't swear in front of me. Do you not know how to talk to your hyung?" Jin exclaims, making a lame attempt to cover his lie.

I try to suppress the big smile that threatens to erupt on my face.

So he did not come here because he was forced, but because he wanted to meet me.

At this rate, I might just die of over-happiness.

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇

Hello!

Did y'all see how disappointed everyone was when Bangtan did not get any Grammy Nominations?  And how Namjoon was trying to console fans on weverse?

Damn that man is too good for us.

See you in the next update!

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇