|45|

Bae JooHyun

A week later, I was going back home when I got a call from Jin. I frowned when I looked at the time because usually during the day he is in his practice room and leaves his phone in the locker.

Curious, I picked up the call and the first thing I heard was just labored breathing and after panicking and prompting him to respond, Taehyung took over the call and told me how Jin had injured his spine and hip and was being taken to his dorms so that he can rest for the day. Jin was not able to speak due the heavy painkiller medication but had asked Taehyung to call me.

I asked Taehyung hesitantly if I can stay with him before I could think of anything else and thankfully he agreed. He actually wanted to go back to practice but din't want to leave his hyung alone and was immensely relieved and thankful when I offered to stay with him.

 I quickly reached home and took a shower and changed into some comfortable clothes. The girls were either busy with their schedules or were at the agency so the house was empty. I hurriedly scribbled on a post-it that I might be home late,stuck it on the fridge and left the house. 

Their dorms were pretty far from mine and thankfully my manager had spoken about entry permissions while I was getting ready so in a matter of half-an-hour, I am in front of his house.

So now I am in a dilemma. 

When I was talking to Taehyung, all I could think of how Jin managed to injure himself and how I wanted to see him and how I can be of any help to him. It never crossed my mind that this is the first time I will be going to their dorms. I never imagined that I would ever be in in such a situation.

 In fact, during my trainee years I never even imagined myself ever falling in love with an idol. It was common knowledge that mostly all idols dated just for the novelty of it. We lived a very lonely life in most of our 20's and being in a relationship was like attempt to taste normalcy by many artists.

But I knew that my feelings for him are way more than a casual relationship and I was already drowning in him.

Earlier, Jin told me about the his comeback month schedule and I was in awe. I had always heard of the preparations they go through before a comeback but to see such an intense and comprehensive schedule just made me respect them more. There was no hiding that they had had gone through a lot before and after debut but the passion and motivation I see in the boys whenever they talk about music in interviews or their performances on stages always increases my admiration for them.

I don't know where the nervousness and hesitancy is coming from but to knowing that this is the first time I will be entering the personal space of the man I loved, just made me more nervous. 

Am I overthinking the whole matter?

I mean it is just his dorms and it's not like I have plans to stay for the night and-

Before I could even continue that thought, the door burst open and Taehyung poked his head out.

"Noona, are you not coming in?"

I stared at him in stunned silence, totally caught off guard.

Taehyung read my expression and tried to control his laughter before before bringing up  a hand in front of my face and snapping his fingers. Slightly confused and dumbfounded, I looked from his hand to his face.

What is he doing?

"Oh you are in there." He said, his face bursting in a smile, "I thought you got too shocked seeing my handsome face."

I rolled my eyes at him and he burst out laughing. Looks like someone is spending too much time with Jin.

"Please come in, Noona." He said laughing and moving away for me to step inside.

The interior of the dorms were not much different than what I had expected. The house in it first glance made it very obvious that belongs to seven men. Clothes and towels were strewn across the sofa and on lamps as if they were left there for drying. Well, they probably were. Shoes were literally stuffed into the one small shoe rack that was obviously too small. 

Taehyung walked in front of me and I silently followed him, looking at the house. The kitchen was not much better. Some ingredients were left on the table and dishes were still in the sink but it looked like someone had tried to clean up just before I came as the table was still wet from being wiped. I smiled at Taehyung and he bashfully scratched his head.

All of this was quite justifiable actually, the boys spent most of their time at the agency nowadays and the only time they come back home is to rest and sleep. dishes and laundry must be least of their concerns right now.

"Taehyung-ssi, what happened to him?" I turned to him and asked.

He leaned against the wall and folded his arms, his expression switching to worry. "We were practicing, Noona. And there is this one part of the choreography that has a half-spin. Jin Hyung had learnt it pretty well but we rehearse the steps at least a dozen times before we call it a day. All of us were very exhausted as we had missed our lunch so Jin hyung and Suga Hyung missed some steps and collided. Suga hyung is fine but Jin Hyung took the fall and hurt his back."

Seeing my worried expression, he added ," He is fine. We took him to a doctor and he just gave hyung some medicine and told him to rest. His spine just took a shock and will take some time before it doesn't hurt anymore. So, don't worry too much, Noona."

I nodded and looked down, frowning. A fall on the back can cause a pain that could last for a few days to a few hours. Only the one hurt will know exactly how much it pains.

"Where is he now?" I ask him and he points to the door we are standing a bit far from.

"The painkillers he ate are pretty strong so he is knocked out now. He should be getting up soon," He said, walking towards the room and slowly opening the door. "It is Suga Hyung and Jin hyung's room but all of us will be coming back only after another four to five hours."

I nod at him and place the bag I was carrying on the kitchen table.

"Thank you for coming, Noona. Actually, I have parts of the choreography that I need to learn from Hoseok Hyung but I also din't want to leave Jin Hyung alone at home." He said, before cheekily adding "Also, I know Hyung will definitely appreciate your presence more than mine when he gets up. Anything for my hyung's happiness,you know."

I laugh and try my best to hide my blush. "I am glad you called me. There were times when Sooyoung hurt her back too and we had learnt the treatment. Don't worry, I'll take care of  him. Tell the rest not to worry too much."

Taehyung looked at me with a strange expression on his face before he shook his head. I titled my head in question and he understood. "You have no idea how much you sounded like Jin Hyung, Noona. You said the exact same thing he would say in such a situation."

Not knowing what to say, I smiled at him.

"So,I'll get going now. I unlocked Jin Hyungs phone so if there is anything you need, please don't hesitate to call any one of us." He said, walking backwards towards the door and I followed him. 

He put on his shoes and swung a bag on his shoulders before quickly saying bye and leaving.

Once the door clicked close, I turned around and heaved a sigh. I quickly made my way to his room and paused slightly in front of the door before slowly opening it, getting in and clicking it close behind me.

****************

I am thinking of changing the cover. If there is anyone who can help me with it, please private message me. Also if there is anyone you know who can help me, Kindly drop their @ username in the comments. Thank you so much!!

Have a nice day everyone!