22

"How okay are you with German?" I asked Steve on the plane ride over.

"I think I'm pretty fluent, why?"

"I think it's time we went undercover." I told him, I looked over my shoulder to see his reaction. It was pretty neutral for someone who hated going under cover.

"How so?"

"We're becoming HYDRA agents. And we're going to lead the investigation of the killed agents.

"Doesn't that mean long term?"

"No necessarily. We can come in, and say there's a new lead somewhere else. It'll be sketchy but it'll get us out."

"Let's do it." Steve affirmed gazing over my shoulder as I got us into the system.

"We'll need to print these out somewhere." I told Steve pointing at our badges and a few false papers.

"The airport security should have some tools we could use." Steve mentioned reading through them. He pointed at my laptop screen and scowled.

"What?" I asked noticing his unhappy reaction.

"It's nothing really, I just didn't think I looked like a William." Steve complained about his fake name.

"Do you have a problem with the name William?"

"No, I just thought I was more of a Chris or something."

I turned my body to get a better look at him. "I don't see it."

"I guess William is fine." He sighed dramatically.

"Good, because I wasn't going to change it anyway."

When we landed in Berlin, I marched Steve right up to an over priced clothing store in the airport. It had a small selection, of suit jackets and button ups.

"Come on, we need to do something about your looks." I told him shifting through the suits. He did the same searching through a different rack.

"I thought they were pretty good." Steve mumbled making me shove his arm. He picked up a navy blue jacket. I gave him a pointed look.

"We're trying to disguise you. Why would we put you in blue?"

"I don't know," he shrugged, "I just like the color."

"Here you go." I handed Steve a simple white button up with a black suit jacket. "Try this on, with this." The outfit was casual, and generic. We didn't want anyone remembering us.

"This isn't even my size." Steve remarked taking the items in his hand looking them over.

"Exactly, we're trying to hide the muscle. Your smediums are making you stick out too much." I explained to him.

"What you don't like the smediums?" Steve joked with a devilish smirk as I pushed him into a dressing room.

"Now I didn't say that." I admitted making him laugh. I went back to grab the matching pants for him.

"What's your pants size." I called out to him as he changed.

"Uh 32?" He answered me and the cashier whistled listening to the conversation.

"I know right," I agreed with her searching for the right size. I handed them to Steve and he finally came out of the dressing room. The jacket and shirt were too big, but they did mask some of the muscles.

"It'll work." I observed stepping back to get a good look at him. The suit jacket was looser in the arms and didn't define his broad shoulders and torso as much, which was good. The shirt looked disheveled, which made Steve look messier which was also good. Good looking, well dressed men get remembered. Hopefully we got rid of the second part, his looks I couldn't really change too much.