six

chapter six: ignore 'em《

THE clock hit 4:30 with a soft tick and the tension in jimin's shoulders felt like it just simply flew off and disappeared. he felt like he could finally rest. with a small sigh, he signed out of his computer then powered it down. he stared at the screen for a moment, his palms pressed against the edge of the desk. it's been days since the movie night with taehyung that ended with a terrible night at the bar.

he got up, stretching his arms out and then twisting his body until he felt that satisfying pop. he began to pack up his things, shoving his laptop in, placing the papers in their folder before stuffing that in there as well. he swung his satchel over his shoulders, waving goodbye to his coworkers. a tired smile on his lips, too easily transparent but no one said a thing. jimin preferred it that way, especially more now than before. everyone was too busy to think about their feelings as the development project had gone through some unfortunate complications.

jimin walked to the elevator, pressing the button then he patiently waited for the doors to open. seconds later, there was a small chime and the doors slid open. jimin immediately rushed in, pressing the floor level. he leaned his body on the wall, closing his eyes as he waited. if jimin were to be honest, he'll say that there was no flair to his life. it was safe, fortunately. he was lucky that trauma was something that he could not recall experiencing. 

it has changed now... and if jimin were to be honest, he wished it never had. he wished he didn't have to worry about coughing out butterflies in front of his coworkers. then seeing the pity and disgust on their faces. still though, this unfortunate event still kept his life rather bland... in fact it has made it even more unbearably grey. there was no joy that could ever break that unsettling doom that loomed over his head like some death sentence.

it was a death sentence and jimin knew it.

the doors of the elevator slid open and jimin stepped out, his arms crossed over his chest as he sped walked to the exit of the building. a couple of people on his way out had stared at him rather funnily, at his stiff and unfriendly posture that was so unlike him. jimin couldn't help it although, he was tired and in no mood for some friendly chat. yet he was in the mood for something sweet and chocolaty.

there was a cafe a couple of buildings away that was known for its fantastic hot chocolate, the thought of it made jimin's mouth water. jimin held his satchel close to him beginning to walk to the direction of the cafe. he decided to walk as it was less than ten minutes away and it could help him clear his head. yet the more he tried, the more deep in his thoughts he became. thoughts about his life, about the butterflies... and what he'll do about all of it. 

it was such a shame that he was too deep in these thoughts as the day was so beautiful.

finally he made it to the cafe, it was a rather busy time of the day but not as busy as it gets in the mornings. he got in the line and waited patiently, looking at his phone every so often.

he still couldn't wrap his head around it.. that hoseok has finally found out. yet at least not as soon as he originally thought he would. and luckily the coughing hasn't been as bad... which is somewhat surprising. then again he hasn't seen namjoon or taehyung since the movie night. which is a good thing.

jimin felt his heart ache a bit. not for namjoon but for taehyung. it wasn't fair to just ghost his friend like that. especially since he just got back a couple weeks back, he shouldn't just disappear without saying anything. yet he heard somewhere that it can stretch out the time he can stay alive without choking on the butterflies to death. 

such a strange way to die but yet it's unfortunately possible.

jimin finally reached the register, he smiled at the person. "i would like a hot chocolate with marshmallows and... a pastry. the fall special."

"ok... that would be 8:84. what's your name?" the cashier looked at jimin, his brown eyes soft and inviting. the gaze itself nearly made his cheeks pink. the man's brown eyes reminded him of a certain someone he had not thought about in weeks. 

"jimin."

"oh... jimin... that's a nice name." the person smiled at him warmly before going to work on his order. jimin felt his cheeks warm up a bit, the smile on his lips widening. the apples of his cheeks round and pink.

jimin sat down on one of the tables, pulling out his phone again.

"hey..." never before has a voice made him nearly faint. perhaps because it was taehyung.

jimin cleared his throat a bit, hesitantly putting down his phone.

"you... haven't called me since the movie night... i shouldn't have just invited namjoon over without telling you. it was probably awkward wasn't it?"

jimin just laughed, shrugging a bit. "it was. i wished you would have told me, i still would have left early. i remembered i had a report to file and i didn't finish that at the office."

"you don't really do that though." taehyung frowned,

"but i did that time."

"jimin... are you okay?"

"why are you asking me that? i think i am okay enough for you not to question." he laughs, his grip on his phone tightening. more so out of nervousness than anger.

taehyung must have misinterpreted that action, backing up a bit, his eyes widening. "o-oh...are you mad a me?"

"no, i could never be mad at you." the tension in jimin's shoulders released as he sighed out, looking down at his fingers.

"you've been avoiding me-"

"jimin! your order."

jimin gets up to go get his order. he grabs it from the handsome cashier with a shy smile. he made his way over to the table, taking a small sip out of his hot chocolate. waiting for taehyung to continue talking.

said male took a deep breath, his eyes slightly dark and narrowed as he stared at the floor. "you've been avoiding me.. so i feel like i did something wrong or.. perhaps there's something you're not telling me."

"tae you did nothing wrong. don't worry about it. i'm just really busy. this proj-"

"it's always about that! i feel like it's something more jimin. i know there's something you're not telling me and it's bothering me. i hate knowing that my best friend is avoiding me and i hate not knowing why he is."

"tae.... i'm sorry if i made you feel that way."

"then please jimin. tell me what's wrong. i need to know. i can't always be in the dark."

"i-i" he didn't know what to say.. better yet, he didn't know how to lie. he didn't want to tell taehyung what is truly bothering him, what is truly digging into his heart. he couldn't tell him. he couldn't break his heart and jimin knew that's what will kill him. "i have to go taehyung..." he got up, speed walking out of the cafe but taehyung grabbed jimin with both his hands by the shoulders and pulling him back. they were creating a scene, jimin knew it and he didn't like that. he pulled roughly away from taehyung.

"taehyung... stop. you're going to create a scene."

"damn right i will, until you stop avoiding me and my questions. you're my best friend. i need to fix it, you just got here."

the butterflies in jimin's throat began to flutter and he began to cough, covering his hand over his mouth he made his way to one of the tables. taehyung gasped and grabbed jimin by his arm. he looked worried and afraid. almost scared. there was a feeling of fear and worry, yet mostly sadness.

"jimin... do you have... hanahaki."

jimin couldn't bear to look at taehyung, refusing to answer that question.

"i can't talk to you right now. i'm sorry." jimin tugged his arm away from taehyung. he turned around and walked away, ignoring him even though the tears in his eyes burned like acid.

note; is this getting boring? sksk i hope not