eleven

not edited

chapter eleven: none of it meant anything

NAMJOON was sitting on yoongi's couch, with his laptop over his thighs. he had headphones adorning the top of his head, covering his ears, and with a little mic on the end to his lips. he was tapping away furiously on the keyboard, fingers bouncing off the keys like pebbles in an earthquake. yoongi was mimicking namjoon's position, but instead he was on the opposite side of the couch. he had his clothed feet tucked under his bottom, pillows surrounding him. his usually blank calm face was replaced with a much more intense expression, his nose scrunched up and his eyes narrowed.

"damn, these trolls just keep popping up out of nowhere!" yoongi complained. 

" i know, it's going to take forever to get through this level." namjoon sighed, the calm expression on his face cracking a bit as his brows furrowed. 

the two men continued to play on their laptops nevertheless, despite the sounds of frustration escaping the mouth of either men. it was clear that they were being overwhelmed by the amount of trolls flooding the slightly pixelated screen. the flood soon became a trickle as the boss slowly started to enter the stage, its massive body supported by two large trunk-like legs. they could hear the footsteps thunder through their headphones. 

the fight against the boss took another fifteen minutes and many hp restorer vials. namjoon made the last attack with the boss, using his battle axe's ultimate. with a sigh, they both relaxed against the couch. staring at the 'boss defeated' sign. 

namjoon let out a deep breath, closing his eyes. "i hate that boss so much." he set his laptop down. he turned to look at yoongi, who felt his pocket vibrate. yoongi gasped, taking his phone out. he set his laptop down on the table. 

"it's hoseok!" 

namjoon laughed, snatching his can of soda from the table; he took a drink from it, simultaneously grabbing his phone. he opened it up, tapping on the notification that taehyung sent. he smiled at the message and typed something back. he looked down at it fondly. then all of a sudden he felt a pang of guilt, jimin's face from the day before flashing across his head. he dropped his phone, choking on his soda. 

yoongi looked at him questionably, tilting his head to the side. namjoon just shook his head, taking another gulp of soda. 

namjoon set the can down, grabbing the small pen from his pocket. it was an inking pen, the nib a little spotty with black ink, still shiny despite that. he still had it with him from the other day. he stared at the pen for a couple more seconds, gently tracing his fingers over the gold markings. it felt expensive and too important. he placed it back in his pocket, leaning back on the couch. he laughed quietly to himself, it was surprising that he didn't break it. yet that laughter died down as he thought back to jimin. he placed his hand over his heart, unsure of how to feel. it was strange to feel guilty, talking to taehyung. was it because he felt sorry for jimin? 

'you just remind me of my soulmate...

namjoon frowned, it must be horrible... meeting your soulmate just to not be with them. he looked at his phone, it was buzzing with a new notification. he opened it up, it was another text from taehyung. he quickly typed out a response, closing the app before placing his phone in his pocket. 

yoongi was finally off the phone with hoseok. namjoon immediately took the chance to ask the other a question that had been bugging him for quite some time. yet he knew that asking so abruptly would cause yoongi to question things and he wouldn't want his friend to get the wrong idea.