ten

literally nothing is edited, none of these chapters from before and maybe even after. school. that's my excuse. 

chapter ten: dontwannafall《

jimin was in his boss' office, waiting patiently for him to walk in. he leaned casually against the leather chair, staring at the black plaque with the name 'mr. kim' carved in gold. the man's desk was neat, not a stray paper to be seen. it was impersonal too, no pictures of family or friends. just a couple of colorful figures of video game character neatly set on the wooden surface. jimin sighed, looking to the side at the stainless steel clock. he had his resignation papers in his hand, all of them inside a sleek folder. also a doctor's note that officially confirmed his disease. jimin winced, trying not to remember the pity filled look in the doctor's eyes. he kept going over the papers to distract himself. fully knowing that there was nothing missing. 

jimin heard the door click open and then someone stepping inside. he didn't turn around, once more did that awful anxious feeling swallowed him in. he sat up straighter, watching the man walk around and to his seat. 

jimin had to admit, this man was intimidatingly handsome. it was almost unreal and extremely surprising to jimin that mr. kim had decided to take this job, instead of becoming an actor or a model. he had a face that was very hard to forget. there was a point in time where jimin couldn't face his boss without blushing every second. of course, this changed now. 

mr. kim grabbed his glasses from his breast pocket and slid them on, clearing his throat. "mr. park, what brings you here to my office?" he asked, tilting his head to the side.

jimin set the black folder in front of mr. kim. "i'm not sure how else to say it but i'm unfortunately resigning."

mr. kim sucked in a breath, a confused look flashed over his features. he looked up from the folder that he took in his hands. "why?"

jimin looked down at the folder, skillfully avoiding mr. kim's concerned gaze. "the reason is not because of the people or the work. i truly do love my job. i'll forever be grateful for everything that happened here. it was an honor working here." he let out a shaky breath. he ran his fingers through his hair, pushing it out of his face. "it's... just look through the folder. i think it'll make more sense if you do." he forced out a smile.

mr. kim looked confused and opened the folder. he read through the papers. he pursed his lips, shaking his head. "but... why? hanahaki doesn't always mean a death sentence. don't you still have hope? isn't there a surgery?" he asked, closing the folders. "i'm not just saying this because i'm losing a valuable asset to this company. i'm saying this as a person to another person. why are you going drop everything you worked for?"

"mr. kim it's complicated. my hanahaki is much more aggressive than normal. it's giving me very little time to sort things out. i much rather spent my last days... not working." 

"i see." mr. kim got up and held out his hand to jimin. jimin timidly took it, wrapping his fingers around it as he also got up. "if you need anything, don't hesitate to call me. and if things do somehow get better and you still want to work here, i'll make sure there's a spot for you to fill." he smiled a bit. 

"oh... thank you mr. kim-" 

"seokjin is fine." his smile widened and he pulled away. "i hope for the best for you. it was great having you here. may the goddess of love have mercy on you." the way he said the goddess' name was bitter, almost resentful. 

"thank you" jimin barely could push out. he bowed politely and excused himself. 

jimin walked out of the entrance of the building, letting out the deepest sight he ever let out. his shoulders sagged and his arms hung loosely at his sides with no purpose. every step that he took, it took him further away from everything he'd ever wanted and everything he fought for. he walked away from all of that and it hurt. it hurt in a way that he had never felt before. the regret sunk in deep but he knew he couldn't look back. even though his entire being begged him to, he refused. he ignored it.