end

end: is it love? i don't know but i just feel better when i am with you

there was a light so warm directly over jimin's eyes, it felt familiar but it felt a bit wrong. the light in his study is usually dim and cold, suffused by the dark curtains. he groans, throwing an arm over his face as he turns on his side. he notices how comfortable and silky the covers are. immediately he opens his eyes, sitting up straight ( his head aching at the quick action). jimin sees that he is in his bed, robes not changed, and still smelt of peach wine. 

he sighs, a somber expression washing over his face. he brings a hand to his face, his skin flawless, not a cut to be felt. he slowly gets up, looking around his room as if he were expecting to see someone there. he smooths the blue band around his finger against his chin, wondering who saw him drunk and vulnerable. it couldn't have been the angels.

so it must have been a god. or a nymph, or a fairy, a stupidly brave being for sure, who dared touch the emperor in his sleep. the perks to being the emperor, even a temporary one ( depending on how long seokjin decides to sleep) is that he's rarely bothered by people. 

jimin undresses himself quickly, dropping the robes to the ground and searched for something in his closet that was much lighter and with less layers to work with. he grabs the clothing with haste, throwing on a bathrobe.

his pavilion is usually empty, rarely do angels hang around his dim and lonely cold halls. he doesn't worry about anyone seeing him, as he makes his way to the private bathhouse. 

-

jimin wrings the water out of his hair, drying it with a towel once more before throwing it over the rack. he puts on a mint colored robe with a tall collar that barely grazed his adam's apple, tying it closed with a belt. he slips on a thin white outer layer, with long sleeves.

he doesn't spare the mirror another glance as he walks out the chamber, making his way to his library. he pushes open the tall doors and he finds the sun god near one of the bookshelves, flipping through a thick leather book. jimin doesn't say anything about his presence, instead walks closer. he rests his hand against one of the bookshelves, staring at jeongguk, waiting for the other to say something. 

jeongguk flipped to a page. "things in the mortal realm have gotten," he paused, not looking up from the book, "difficult. and it has to do with matters of seokjin's realm. i was worried about you because of that."

"you don't have to worry about me."

"you're right, but there's no one else to." the sun god put down the book, folding his hands over it.

jimin let out a short scoff, biting down his bottom lip. he hated how coldly and distantly the sun god acts towards him, holding him at arms length. yet jimin couldn't blame him but it stings, more so when jeongguk continues to care for him. "i'm holding up well."

"you drank enough whine to drown giant." jeongguk raises a brow.

"you see, doing well. i'm standing on my feet, no headache." jimin sits down in front of jeongguk, crossing his arms under his chest.

"you were out for five days. i had to stay on your bedside for two of those days." jeongguk must have accidentally let slip his fatigue, the thin dark circles under his eyes much more apparent.  

jimin chokes on his spit, coughing. "i was in those dirty clothes for five days?"

"i didn't want to disrespect the emperor, i'll be heavily punished for that as well." jeongguk raises a brow as he looks up at jimin, smiling wistfully at jimin.