Oregano is the new weed

"How did you even managed to get into detention?"

Lance shrugged "I sold some dude Oregano for fifty bucks, he thought it was weed. So I guess some teacher found out"

They face palm themselves "Calm down Pidge, it's not like I go to prison for this"

They glare at him "Okay, I get it. I won't do it again" Pidge nods and walks off. And I head to detention.

It was really funny how this dude, his name was Griffin or something, Lance assumed, actually thought that it was real weed. He could have smelled it first. But Lance assumed he is a natural dumb ass, or he knew it. He even forgot to take his money back, so guess who has money again, our Loverboy Lance.

Lance feels pretty rich now. Fifty bucks is not much, but for a teenager who usually doesn't has any money, it's a lot.

The disadvantage is, he needs to stay an hour longer at school. If you'd ask him, he would recommend to do it. You don't go to prison, you get money, and all you need to do is stay in school a little longer.

The Cuban arrives to the class and walks in.

To his surprise, there are more people than he first thought. Acxa, a bad-ass girl, he knows her, she is good friends with his sister, Veronica. They are really close, if you know what I mean.

Matt, cool guy, he is Pidge's brother and a genius. He probably blew something up in the science classroom, that's maybe why he's here.

Rolo and Nyma, they are pretty cool dudes, he sometimes hangs out with them.

Some losers he doesn't know, and a mullet head in the back of the class.

Who even has a mullet these days? Lance thought.

He has a chance to make fun of him and annoy him about his mullet, so he'll take it, so he sits down beside him. It would be a waste just let him live in peace.

He walks over to the desk next to him and sits down "Hey" he turns his head and then looks out of the window again "Hi". What great small talk.

"The name's Lance"

He sighs "Keith" Lance nods slowly, more awkwardly, if you ask.

"So, why are you here, mullet boy?"

"Don't call me that"

Lance rolls his eyes "You decided to have a mullet, now I took the chance and will call you that now".

He turns around again and looks kind of annoyed "What do you want from me?"

"Talk. I mean it's kinda obvious since I started to talk to you" the mullet boy raises a brow.

"Fight"

"What?" Lance raises a brow

"I got into a fight, that's why I'm here" he nods again, now not so awkwardly

"And you?"

He smirks "Sold Oregano for fifty bucks to some dude" he says proudly.

"Why would you do that?"

He lets out a chuckle "He thought it was weed, and I needed money, you know, since I'm broke" Keith shakes his head

"And your parents?"

He shakes his head violently "Nope, not a chance, they are from Cuba. Do you really think they would give me money?" he shrugs it off and turns around again.

The conversation probably ends there, since no one says anything.

Soon the teacher walked in and told the students to stay silent for an hour, then thy could go. Lance thought it would be worse. He never never really went to detention, and his detention knowledge came from movies and movies only.