Just friends, no crushes, I hope, no I know

"The party?"

"The party!"

"The party?"

"Y-yes, the party"

"...the party?"

"Pidge.."

"Yeah, sorry" 

"So are you coming?" 

Silence "What will I get out of it?"

"Embarrassing photos you can use as blackmail?"

Silence again "Deal" 

"'Kay see you then-" call ended

Hunk can't go, it's his grandmas birthday. So Lance only had Pidge, and Pidge is not the type to go on big parties, so it' kind of a miracle that Lane could convince them. He definitely didn't want to go alone. It's the Shirogane house, there will be the cool kids, there will be Keith. Not that Keith is something really important to Lance, but Lance was especially exited and nervous because of Keith.

He couldn't explain it to himself. Keith is just a friend, and he didn't need to be nervous. Still he couldn't help but be, well, extremely nervous. Dumb, no, idiot. That's what he thinks of himself right now.

The party starts in five hours, at eight, at Keith's house, with a lot of cool kids, and alcohol and stuff. 

"AAAAhhh Lance! Stop being so nervous!" he said to himself in the mirror. He groaned a couple of times, hit his head on the wall, stared at the mirror, screamed again, and talked calmly with himself.

His bedroom door opens and he looks in it's direction. Veronica. 

"What do you want, Vero?" he sits, no, throws himself on his bed

"I want to know what's up. You've been screaming for the past ten minutes" she crosses her arms and leans on the wall "Do you have a crush or something?" she raises a brow and does their McClain look, you know the ':3' one.

"W-What no! It's no crush. I just broke up with Allura, so no crushes" he sits up 

"Yeah, sure. So what's up now? I'm still curious, you know" she walks forward and sits dwn beside her brother

"I am just nervous"

"Why" 

"Because of a party, I guess"

She laughs "Oh okay. My brother is finally going out. You are now a real man" 

Lance rolls his eyes. Veronica notices and sits up straight again "Okay sorry. Why are you nervous?" 

Lance shrugs and looks down at his hands "I don't know. This one boy invited me, Keith, and we just became friends, well I think we are friends, and I guess I am nervous?"

"And you are sure that it isn't a crush-"

"Vero-"

"Sorry. Okay, but calm down"

"I'm trying"

Now Veronica rolls her eyes "But it's normal, being nervous I mean. You just became friends and you don't want to fuck this up" Lance shrugs and nods at the same time "Also, isn't Keith this one bad boy at your school? Mhh my bro is getting into businesses with a bad boy tm" she laughs and Lance turns red, like really red.

"Wow, Lance, no need to get so red. You sure you aren't into-"

"No, shush, no crush. Just friends, I hope, no I know" 

Veronica sighs and stands up "If you say so. Do you need a ride to or from the party later?" 

"Yeah, both would be great. Also we need to pick up Pidge first" Veronica nods and walks out of Lance's room, also closing the door behind her.