I don't wanna leave you

After school, when Keith came home, Lillian was already expecting him.

"Kolivan called" this put a frown on Keith's face, he knew he will leave Lance behind and he knew it would hurt him "Are you alright sweetheart?" she came up to him and took his hands into hers

"Yeah, don't worry about it"

"Keith" her voice sounded caring

"I think I will fuck up" he looks down at their hands "Just the situation with Kolivan, and then leaving lance behind. I haven't even told him yet. He will hate me, Lillian" 

Lillian lets go of his hands and wraps them around the smaller "Hey don't worry about that. I'm sure it will work out. Look for the right time to tell hi, and if he really likes you, he will understand and accept it. At first he may be angry, but by the time he will calm down"

"Are you sure?" Keith could feel the tears bottling up, he didn't want to cry

Lillian nods "Yes sweetheart"

After another minute of hugging, Keith's pulls away "Did Kolivan say what he wanted?"

"Something about some papers. He said it was the last thing he needs to talk to you about, then everything is secure"

He nods "Okay, thank you" he starts to walk up the stairs but Lillian stopped him with her words

"You know, Kira, it's still not too late to cancel everything" she sounded hopeful. Keith may not be her biological son, but she still loved him with her whole being.

"Sorry Lil'" then he continued to walk and locked himself in his bedroom.

He throws his bag on the ground in the corner and then pulls out his phone. He types in Kolivan's number and waits for him to pick up, what he did after the second ring.

"Keith?"

"Hello to you too" he rolls his eyes

"Yes, yes, hello"

"Lillian said you called"

Kolivan hums "Yes, I did. I need to go through the papers once again with you and talk about it" 

For the next hour, he and Keith discussed everything Keith needs to know. Even if he knew, Kolivan needs to go through it according to the rules. Basically all the rules there, that he knows he will be in constant danger, how he needs to act in certain situations, and so on and so on.

"Okay, that's about it. So, are you sure that you still want to join? There will be no turning back" 

Keith thought back to what Shiro and Lillian would always tell him. They would miss him like crazy, he knows. On the other side, there, in BoM, is his mom. Not that Shiro and so aren't his family, but he wants to see her. 

He made that decision a long time ago, so why should he stop now. He actually knows, it's Lance. He doesn't want to leave him. It won't only hurt him, but also the people around him. And he can't promise them that he will be back some day, he can die out there.

So, should he back out now? It would make everyone happy.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Sign me in" by the time Keith already sat down on his bed

There was a second of silence. Kolivan heard the hesitation in Keith's voice. He is sure that something is going on in his life that suddenly made him unsure "Final answer, you maybe won't come back, you know" 

Keith takes a deep breath "Kolivan, I'm sure" this time he sounded more serious

"Okay then" Kolivan signed some things on his side and then put that aside "Once I give over the papers it will be all official. A folder will be send to you with further information. If you notice some mistakes, call me"

"Understood. Bye"

"See you in under a year" and on that he hung up.

Under a year? In his mind it seemed longer.

His heart was beating fast. Panic? He doesn't know. He was just feeling uneasy. He found new friends who seemed to care for him, and now he will lose them. 

He fucked up, once again.

He looked down at the phone in his hands, and then texted Lance. They will meet up at the park where they smoked the first time together.

It didn't take him long to get there, well he was rushing because he was nervous. So he waited for Lance a little while. And once he was walking up to him, Keith couldn't take his eyes off of him. One, because he is his boyfriend and is gorgeous. And two, because he was still nervous.

"So, you wanted to talk?" Lance sits down on the other swing

Keith looks down at his hands "Yeah" 

"If you're breaking up with me, I don't want to talk" 

Keith's head shoots up and swings his hands in front of him "No, no, I'm not breaking up with you. But it's still serious" he breaks eye contact by taking our his cigarettes with a lighter "Want one?" 

Lance takes one "So?"

Keith lights them and then starts "Do you know the Blades of Marmora?"

He huffs "Yeah, they're pretty badass. Don't tell me they are after your family and you need to run away"

"What no, this isn't some fan-fiction thing" he smiles 

"Then how bad can it be?" Lance was really hoping Keith is only pranking him, and doesn't actually need to talk

"Ehm, you might get really angry" he made a short pause "In less than a year, I'll be joining them"

Lance chuckles nervously "You'e joking right?" Keith just looks down "Keith?"

"I was planning this a long time ago. I found out my mother is part of it, she contacted me and I decided why not join. So I met Kolivan, we have done a lot of paper work. Lillian and Shiro tried to talk me out of it, and then they kind of stopped. I didn't really think I would find friends, or even a boyfriend. So it became something important for me, and yesterday everything gt confirmed" he looked at Lance, hoping he won't just stand up and leave

"You will be gone in less than a year?"

Keith sighs "i understand if you want to break up with me, maybe even not talking to me, but I just needed to let that out of my system"

"Wow, who said I'm breaking up with you" he let's cigarette fall on the ground and steps on it

"Now that was just a waste, Lance-"

Lance grabbed his face "Listen, I'm really angry right now, maybe as much as when my mother was angry at me and Rach' because we broke the rooftop"

"How did you break-"

"Shhhhh, not important right now. So the point is, I want to- I don't even know, I#m just angry" his expression softened "But also sad. And I really, really like you, Keith. I don't wanna leave you. So since you're leaving soon, I want to spend a lot of time with you" 

"You understand that I might not come back, right?"

Lance rolls his eyes "You could have said something super cool like 'I promise I'll come back'"

"But it might not happen. If you really want to stay with me, it will be harder to let go"

He raises a brow "Do you want me to break up with you?"

Keith takes Lance's hands off of his face and in his hands "No, I just don't want you regret anything. I'm scared, believe it or not" 

"Keef-"

"Keith"

"Keithy"

"Keith"

"Akira" Keith shut up "I don't wanna leave you"

So it's love love.