Chapter Forty One

Maya's POV:

Not many people entered the pool the entire day. Summer swam around and giggled happily like a little school girl while I sat there doing my work. All these emails and forms and official documents were making me want to just throw my computer against the wall and leave the country. Too stressful.

Checking the time, I wordlessly waved my hand to get the girl's attention. She immediately climbed out and padded over to me, grabbing the towel to dry off. A couple of guys watched her sit down in front of me, mumbling to each other.

The pool doors opened and in walked a guy, accompanied by a girl and two guards. The three of them hung back, allowing the male to step forward and smile down at me. I raised an eyebrow.

"Who the fuck are you exactly? And what do you want?" I demanded. He chuckled and stretched out his hand.

"Hello. I'm Antonio Redd, your cousin. Uncle Arthur said you'd be here at the same time I was and thought we should meet! It's very nice to meet the heir of the company empire" He said. I frowned.

Father never told me I had any cousins.

I stood up and accepted his handshake, crossing my arms. He was around my height with dark brown hair and caramel colored skin. His brown eyes looked over me curiously before turning his attention to Summer. A wide smile broke out onto his face and he stepped forward, causing her to drop her gaze.

"And who's this cutie? She's an adorable little thing. Found or Bred?" He asked. I snorted at that and motioned for her to pack my stuff up.

"My pet Summer. My second one. Found, Ive never had nor bred any pets. The process is too lengthy and I'm not patient" I replied. He chuckled himself then gestured for his two guards to drag the girl forward.

"This is my pet. I call her #3. Just got her yesterday after my last one grew boring" He said. She struggled, glaring daggers into both of us. Antonio nodded his head and one of the guards slapped her to make her stay still.

Summer handed me my bag and went back to staring intensely at the floor. I pulled out her collar and put it back around her neck, smiling as how she practically lit up like a Christmas tree. I clipped on her leash and turned to Antonio.

"I'm going back to my room to get us changed. What are you doing later tonight?" I asked. He didn't seem too bad and I wanted to know just how many other cousins and Aunts and Uncles I had.

After a few moments we agreed on meeting in my room later tonight and parted ways. We went back to my room and I changed, then went straight for my laptop, telling Summer to go shower.

I spent the next couple hours doing my work and picking at the food room service sent up. Summer stayed quiet, sitting on the floor and reading a book. I glanced up at the knock at my door. Summer immediately jumped up to get it and I closed my laptop, glancing at the clock.

Damn. Already time for him to come up.

"Cousin!" Antonio called, busting into the room holding two bottles of wine. I snorted as he sat them down on the desk and smirked at me. He was wearing a white dress shirt with the top two buttons unbuttoned and black dress pants, followed by adidas slides. I raised an eyebrow at the footwear, sliding off the bed.

#3 came in followed by one guard, while the other posted itself out by the door. He must be important if he had guards watching his every move. Summer just stood off to the side quietly, looking out the window.

"Hey Antonio. Why the wine?" I asked, walking over to him. He chuckled and took out the cork, pouring two glasses and handing one to me.

"I figured we can drink and chat for a little while." He said. I took the glass and smirked, taking a careful sip. I nearly gagged at the awful taste but nonetheless forced myself to swallow it down.