New story

Hey guys I'm coming out with a new story called trail of senses. Here's the first chapter the prologue and where it all begins. Please give me any thoughts and ideas you may have it will most likely not be published until I'm at chapter 7 or 8 I'm at chapter 5 now so yeah. Just lmk if it's something you'd read

Sometimes I people watch. I watch how their mouths move when they speak, I look at the way they pace angrily and sometimes I wonder if they take that anger out on their families. I look at the couples who are on a first date, they are still nervous and timid around each other. Couples who have grown past that and now push each other playfully through the park. The girl who comes here every day reading a different book, sometimes I watch her more than anyone else. I watch the way her expression changes with the words and emotions of the characters she is reading about. Then I leave. I go home to my son, Alexander, and my roommate, Allyson, and then tomorrow I start it all over again. And very often I wonder if my life would ever change.

Sorry, maybe I should tell you about myself.
My name is Lauren Jauregui and I never thought that my life would be anything like this. I come from a very supportive family, my father and mother were a constant rock growing up, and I had honestly never even heard them argue. My family is also very religious but even when I come out as pansexual they still loved and supported me, in fact when I was 19 my parents took me to my first ever march for marriage equality. A week later gay marriage was legalized throughout the United States. So did I ever think that I would become a widow and a single mom by the time I turned 21, the answer is no....no I didn't.

Outside of my father, my husband, Jason, was one of the best men I had ever grown to know. I met him when I was a freshman in college he was studying Aerospace Engineering and I was studying Psychology with a minor in family and child science. He was charming a swept me off my feet, literally. I meet him while I was searching clubs to join and let's just say thank you Latin dance. While Latin dance wasn't a class I had intended to stay in, when I go one look at who my partner would be all that had changed. Jason swept my off my feet as if I was the air that he has so rightfully owned and I knew right then and there that I had to see more of him. I fell pregnant two years later on New Year Eve at the age of 19 almost 20, 9 months after we welcomed our beautiful healthy baby boy, Alexander Momoa. He was born September 10, 2016 and has just recently turned 3 years old. When Jason and I first learned that I was pregnant we worked our butts off to provide for our son, we didn't want him to know or feel affected by our age 'Babies raising babies' as they say. I got a job and worked for 6 months to help us get our own place while Jason kept his job until the day he passed to provide for our bills. We were lucky enough to find a nice 3 bedroom townhouse close to our school and in our price range. It seemed as if the world was on our side.

When May of 2017 came around we started to plan out my birthday, my first one as a mother and as Jason's wife. While we weren't able to have the big fancy wedding that people assume every girl wants, it was beautiful and intimate which was much  better than being surround by a bunch of people we barely knew. We invited our families, the only ones who ever knew and will ever know the love that Jason and I shared with one another. The only non-family member there was Allyson, who had been my support system with the baby since I moved into her dorm in college. I remember the day Jason was murdered; it was such a normal day. I made breakfast like I did every morning while he played with Alex, who at the time was 8 months old. We waited for Ally to come watch him while we went class, but never did we think it would be anything other than a normal day. (TW; gun violence/ mention of death) When we arrived at school and made it to the corridor we kissed so that we could part ways but that's when normal became not so normal. Not too far from us we hear blood curdling screams the loud gunshots that would mock me in my dreams for years to come had set off and we jerked apart in shock.

We looked around and saw our peers running to the nearest place to hide. Jason grabbed my arm and started to run pulling me out of my shocked state. He put my body in front of his to protect me from any on coming bullets. He screamed loudly causing me to turn back to make sure he was okay. Not even a second later I realized why when I screamed out in pain as a bullet penetrated my lower left side into my stomach. "Shit fuck Lauren" Jason said pulled me faster and running to the nearby gazebo that was built only a week ago. Jason placed his hand over my bullet wound to add force so that he could stop/slow down the bleeding. Only then did I notice that Jason had been shot three times in the back. As tears filled my eyes Jason slowly started to succumb to the pain that had come from his injuries and when I woke up three days later in the hospital I had somehow knew that Jason was already gone, and unfortunately I was right.