late (part two)

sorry for being such a shit author but high school really is kicking my ass right now. reading all your comments make me so so happy. y'all are hilarious too 😂❤️❤️❤️❤️ i love you guys.

"Kiara what is it?" You ask. Your best friend has a look of fear spread on her face.

"I think..."

You wait for her to just spit it out.

"I think you're pregnant." Kiara speaks bluntly.

Your jaw drops.

Something about Kiara is that she's been with her boyfriend for 5 years now and they are engaged. They also have a baby together.

"These symptoms are really reminding me of my pregnancy Y/N. I'm not trying to scare you but pick up a test for me? okay?"

"No. No. No. No. I refuse to admit the fact that i could possibly be pregnant. I doubt it okay." You argue with Kiara.

"Y/N face it okay?! Could you possibly be pregnant yes? You're so stubborn. Trust me on this one please."

"What would Ethan say." You frown.

Kiara's eyes melt into yours, "That's what you're worried about?"

Your eyes well up with tears as Kiara pulls you into a bear hug,

"Y/N, I've never witnessed someone love another person as much as Ethan loves you. It happens in front of my eyes everyday." she smiles. "Ethan's reaction is something you should never have to worry about. He will support you I promise you."

Kiara has been your best friend for 12 years for a good reason. Through every breakup, and every boyfriend, she's been there.

You smile at Kiara and aggressively hug her again. You wipe your tears. "Okay. Let's go."

-

The cashier looks up at you with the most suspicious gaze, "... Will that be all for you today?" She asks, looking down at the pregnancy test.

Kiara rolls her eyes as she slams the money onto the counter, "Yes." she says, with the fakest smile.

"Alright, would you like a bag?"

Kiara picks up the test, "no." and walks out, leaving you behind. You look at the cashier and speak a quiet, "thank you." with a smile.

-

"Ok listen." Kiara grabs your shoulders and looks you in the eyes, looks at the upside down pregnancy test on your bathroom counter in your apartment, then back to your eyes.

Visual:

You took the test and you're waiting for the results

You took the test and you're waiting for the results. Ethan is still out getting groceries with Grayson and he won't be back soon.

"I will be the Godmother... correct?"

"Kiara!" You slap her arm. "I'm 20 years old, I can't be pregnant!"

"Well I mean considering the physical activities you and Ethan partake in, yes, you actually can be pregnant!" Kiara says. You slap her arm again, but harder this time.

"I'm done with you." You turn around and cover your face with your hands in fear.

"Listen. My baby is my angel. I love him so much and I don't regret getting pregnant at the age of 19 at all. Yes it was hard and yes I was young but he is a blessing." Kiara speaks.

You understand what Kiara means, and having a baby is something you've always planned to do in the future, but .. are you ready?

"Alright Y/N. Flip it over."

You take a deep breath and slowly walk to the counter.

The pregnant test is in your hand and you slowly bring it up closer to you. It's still flipped upside down.

"Kiara I don't want to."

"Okay I'll flip it over!" She reaches for it,

"No what!"

"Y/N come on!" She reaches for the test and it gets slapped out of your hands onto the floor. You catch a glimpse of it on the floor and scream.

"Oh my god!!" Kiara screams as she picks it up.

Your hands are covering your mouth as you look at Kiara in disbelief.

"Y/N you're pregnant."