i love you

this was inspired by tiktok 😳

You and Ethan have been dating for almost a year now. He has treated you better than any boyfriend you have ever had in the past.

You and Ethan always make sure to facetime each other everyday.

Ethan is a big Fortnite person, so that's usually what he's playing while you're on call with him. You do your own thing and he does his, but his company is all that matters to you.

Ethan is doing his thing, talking to the boys while playing, and you find yourself staring at him, examining every inch of his face. He really is a beautiful human.

You found yourself in a trance and the words just... slipped out of your mouth,

"I love you" you softly whisper. You smile, but then your eyes widen because you had just realized what you said.

Ethan turns to you and lifts his headset, "Babe did you say something?"

You freeze for a second, "No. No, I didn't."

"Are you sure bubz?"

"Yeah!" you smile at him, "I said nothing I swear."

"Okay babe."

He put his headset back on and continues to talk to his friends, and playing the game.

You think to yourself, That was way too close.

For a second you feel relieved.

But then, Ethan says,

"I love you too."

You look up at him in shock, and can't find any words to say.

He turns his head to the side,

and reveals that the other part of his headset, wasn't on his ear.