late (part 3)

You're sitting alone on your couch with the pregnancy test in your hand. You sigh as you wait for Ethan to get home.

Kiara had to go home so she left about half an hour ago, and the anxiety you're feeling has been awful ever since.

You hear keys jiggling and then hear the door unlock.

Ethan's home.

You don't turn around and whisper to yourself, "Everything is gonna be okay. He won't leave you. He loves you."

You hear the bussling of plastic bags and the footsteps of Ethan,

"Ohhh my god babe wait till you see how much JUNK I bought." He laughs, "I think you and I need to go shopping again. I never get shit done with Grayson." He laughs again.

You don't turn around or say hi or even look at him. Your head is hung as your stare at the two lines.

"I got chocolate ice cream I'm so sorry I know you don't like chocolate but I got other flavours for you too I promise!" Ethan exclaims.

"I also got ketchup chips for you, pizzas, candy- oh! I also bought condoms, are you proud of me?" Ethan laughs.

You stay silent, unable to speak.

"Bubz?" he asks, you can feel his eyes burning through the back of your head.

"Hey are you okay?" He puts down the groceries and you hear him walk over.

You quickly hide the test, and he sits beside you, rubbing your thigh.

"Bubz you're not talking, what's wrong?"

You look at him with tears in your eyes. "I'm so sorry Ethan." Your head falls onto his chest.

You couldn't hold back the tears. You were scared and frightened.

Ethan rubs your head, "What do you mean you're sorry? What happened?"

You lift your head up and look into his eyes. You hold his hand.

He looks directly into your eyes, then looks down. The test is now in his hands.

He flips over the test. His eyes widen as he looks back up at you.

"You're ... pregnant?"

You nod your head.

He looks... disappointed. He tucks your hair behind your ear.

"Why in the world would you apologize?" He grabs your waist softly, "babe, this is the most amazing thing to happen to us."

You instantly smile.

He hugs you, then picks you up as you wrap your legs around him.

You squeal in his arms.

"I'm the happiest man in the world." He smiles at you, "I love you so much." You hold his head in your hands,

"I love you, and I'm so excited to have this baby with you." You say.

He hugs you again and spins you around, "We're having a baby!"

"We're having a baby." You smile, and in this moment you have never been more grateful.