15: When He Starts Falling

-The rosy winds were finally swaying-

Night stars seemed to be shimmering with fervour. The air was filled with hazy blueness and lazy warmth. Staring out of a glass window, I fidgeted as my heart continued to beat with intense awe and astonishment. 

These new emotions...they were surreal.

After having dinner, Demir drove us back to his mansion. The air had turned extremely awkward around us, as we sneaked glanced and were quick to look away. It was cute to see Demir acting flustered. This new beginning of ours...our emotions finally playing in...they had us feeling elated and nervous. There was so much to talk about, so many emotions to confess. 

Upon reaching the mansion, instead of sending me off to the servants' building, Demir had the ground staff park his car while offering me to join him for a cup of hot coffee. I knew that my husband was a lover of coffee. Those rare moments when he had joined his family, and me, he had made sure that he was served black coffee with dry spearmint. It was such an odd combination, but he loved it. On the other hand, I was more of a fan of milk coffee-pure milk containing four teaspoons of sugar.

Sweet and sugary dishes were my weakness. 

Anyhow, after accepting Demir's offer, I reluctantly stepped inside his mansion and gaped at the sight of its interior. The mansion seemed like an ordinary person's dream come true. It was gorgeous...so elite, wooden and spectacular, and so new for me. Samiya Begum had been strict about not allowing me inside her place. 

I remember how Demir had just dropped me off near his mansion's gate on our wedding day, and how Samiya Begum had her maids escort me towards the servants' building immediately. There was no welcome or celebratory acceptance, just a quick shoving of me away like I was a huge burden. Those memories pained me, but this was a new beginning for me now. Just staring into Demir's gaze made my wounds sink into pure warmth and awe. 

Time had surely taken a turn

Obviously not being able to refuse an expensive vacation trip offered by Demir, Samiya Begum had chosen to stay away, but I knew that once she returned she wouldn't spare me. Her fears and choices would become a nightmare for me, and I just hoped Demir was strong enough to defend my position in his life. Aliya was a stylish girl--competing with her wasn't possible, so I hoped that Demir would keep on having a change of heart or mind. 

Now taking slow sips of my coffee, my gaze shifted back towards Demir who was holding his coffee cup in one hand and silently taking huge gulps of his favourite drink. Sitting on opposite sides of a kitchen counter, we could feel the air around us forming a cocoon, a sweet bubble around us. These emotions...the simple bonding over coffee had me feeling so nervous and excited. 

Everything felt so new. 

I couldn't believe my change of luck. 

Feeling incredibly shy as Demir's gaze met mine and his expression turned amused, I awkwardly pushed a lock of hair behind my ear. 

"What?" My gaze shifted to one side, as he kept on staring and allowed a huge smirk to appear on his face.

"It's just coffee moustaches....they look cute," he chuckled, placing his coffee cup on the island. I frowned in confusion.

"Wha-oh," I quickly realized what he was talking about and wiped my face with a pink handkerchief placed in the middle of the island. 

This was embarrassing.

My heartbeat could be heard pumping loudly, as I then awkwardly shifted my gaze to one side and cupped my hands around my warm coffee mug. The silence, the emotions mixed with uncertainty, had me feeling so shy and nervous. Demir was being so unusually sweet and warm. It provided a chance; a hope to finally make him adore me like he adored his ex. I knew it was possible.