Week 2 Arc 2- Cooking with a Heart

Senpai looked at me in shock and Amao looked delighted.

"Really?" Amao's eyes sparkle, asking for confirmation.

"I thought you'd join photography club though..." Senpai raised a brow at me, and I scratched my nape about that.

"W-well, I mean, the cooking is well made, and I want to learn how to make such perfect meals, you know? Hehehe..." Gosh, how do I say this?

"Oooh, that's great! I'm so excited to teach you our recipes and introduce you to other members. Each one of us have their speciality in meals, you know? I'm sure you'll find your own speciality." Amao was really excited to teach me things and make friends, I guess? I mean he is probably considering me as one.

"Ah, sure, I guess?" Shocks, I suddenly want to back out, he expects on me that much. I only did Octodogs in a regular basis at Cooking Club whenever I join...

And then, we bid our goodbyes and went back to our classes. Amao will expect me to come to the Cooking Club tomorrow, since I excused myself today that I can't join activities yet. Also, I said that so I can still walk with Senpai.

When we walk home, I insisted Senpai to visit Osano before heading home.

He excused himself once we entered the ward, saying he'll buy snacks.

"Hey, Osano."

I started talking to him even if he wouldn't hear anything.

"You know, I missed you. So much. Things are weird today though. I wish you were awake."

Out of nowhere, I blurt out thoughts to Osano, as if he's listening to everything I say.

"So there's this Cooking Club President, he's a boy, but I don't know if he's gay or just friendly. He also has this soft mellow voice even if he's expressing excitement. He's cute, too cute for my eyes."

"You know? He's cooking charmed me, and I joined the club. Your cooking is still the best though, but his is more delicious. Your cooking is the best because you meant it for me. The Cooking Club President must've cooked for many people before."

"The thing troubling me though, is I have to spend time with him now that I'm a member of cooking club. I hope I wouldn't fuck up this time."

I paused. I felt guilt again as I remembered why Osano rests here anyway.

I squeezed his hand.

"Thank you."

The door opened and Senpai joined us in the room. Senpai and I chatted for a bit. Senpai is really charming.

----

Next day

While Senpai and I walks toward the school, Senpai keep reminding me of the Cooking Club today. He is that supportive to me for what I join, he is the best boyfriend material. But what would Osano say if he is here though?

Bad thought, Ayano.

And to speaking of, we came across Amao.

"Hi Ayano! Hi Taro! The Club Activity will be after class, but you're free to enter the club room anytime, Ayano. Would you like to start today?"

Senpai tugs my shoulder by his elbows as if signaling me to go and do something.

I looked at Amao, his eyes sparkling and full of hopes, then to Senpai who's eyes tells me to 'do it'!

I sighed.

"Alright. Just Octodogs will be fine, right?"

"Sure!"