Week 2 Arc 4- Supportive

"See you tomorrow Ayano." Amao walked me outside the school and left me alone once he was in his own way.

Today was really eventful, and exhausting at the same time.

And I guess, I have to walk alone and no one to be with or stalk with. Senpai might be home anyway.

"So... How's cooking club?"

I jumped in surprise from the voice. Turning around, Senpai was standing beneath a cherry tree in the school gate and walks closer to me.

"S-sen- Taro! You're still here!" I expressed my shock that he really waited for me to finish the activity and not going home yet. Or I'm just assuming things.

"Of course I am! Why would I leave a friend? Sides, you need support." We were already walking outside and his words boosts my pride once more. Senpai is really caring! He's so charming!

And he treats me as a friend.

That's both a good thing and a bad thing.

"So how was it?" Senpai asked once again and I proceeded to tell him what happened. He only cheered up for me afterwards.

"I knew you could do that! Afterall you are the one and only Ayano. Good job!"

"Gee thanks." I scratched my head. All this support really made my heart flutter.

"And I bet the Club Leader is really into you."

"Taro!" I playfully pushed him and I hope it didn't hurt him. He laughs which is a good sign.

"But really, I also bet that you would like him." Senpai was smiling but I could tell that his statement is meant to be taken seriously.

"You think? Haha! You know I love Osano, right?"

Stating that instead made my heart pang. Right. Osano. What would happen if I grew to like Amao? Would it be the same fate as Osano? Plus, how about Senpai?

Senpai is being a supportive friend all along!

And he's the one pairing me up right now!

If only I could confess...

"Ayano."

Senpai's tone turned serious this time, his smile disappearing. We stopped walking for a while.

"I knew you love Osano, but at least give yourself a break. You've been stressing over him these pass days, and I feel your pain. But you deserve to be happy, you know?"

I grimaced and turned away, resumed on walking. Had I been too bad that Senpai worried to much and wanted to make me happy?

... Oh right.

"How about you?" I once again stopped on my tracks.

"Me?" Senpai looked at me in wonder.

"You want to make me happy too much, but how about your own happiness?" I looked at Senpai straight in the eyes.

Senpai looked taken aback for a moment but regained his smile.

"Ayano," he laughed softly.  "Your happiness is my happiness." His words were pure and genuine, making me sport a bright red glow on my face.

We continued our steps until we went home.

----

The night came and I couldn't bring myself to do other things. My mind kept on thinking what Senpai said.

Was that a confession? Or am I just overthinking things.

What was I supposed to do again?

Remembering I was supposed to eliminate Amao, I decided to visit the Buraza Town to see if his mother or himself were there.

Wearing my casual outfit, I strode to the streets of the town until I found the Odayaka shop. Of course, I am not supposed to let my presence be known, so I didn't get too close. Just enough to view what was happening inside.

His mother was running the shop while he assists on their customers. Amao seems happy doing his job. Seeing his smile made my soul flatter again.

How can he look so handsome?

And WTF IS HAPPENING TO MY THOUGHTS!?

No he's not handsome, he's cute sure, wait wtf I'M DOING IT AGAIN!

All of a sudden, men in black barged to the scene, and their "boss" approaching Odayaka's mother.

"I-i'm sorry, I still couldn't pay the rent today, but I promise I will-"

"We already told you to pay up the day before and you said the same thing," the man looked stern to the mother. "This would be your last warning. If you don't pay up, you'll lose the bakery."

"Hey!" Amao quickly defended his mom. "No need to be harsh with my mother! We are trying our best to meet the quota!"

The man sharpened his gaze before reconsidering. "Friday. If I can't receive the payment on Friday, this bakery-" he motioned to his surroundings, "-will be shut down."

And just that he bid his goodbye and turned his back.

"Oh, in case you would forget, I have my daughter in the same school as your son goes," Amao's expression never looked so angry before, "she'll make sure you'd be living hell."

And that he was gone.

"It's okay Mom, I promise I would do my best." It was endearing, for his expression to turn back to the normal calming softness.

Still, the anger he expressed before was uncharacteristic. I expected stern anger, not legit anger.

What happened to Amai again before?

...

!?

Oh dear.

Would Amao be the same too?

A/N:
Yehey! Update at Valentine's Day!

What? Not romantic?

Eh, that's all I can give. Hehehe

Would the readers get what Ayano was so concerned about?

Find out in the later chapters!

But thank you for reading and continuous support, you guys are really supportive!

*budum-tss*

(Yes, I did a pun.)

MMD by Mmd diaries in YouTube, check out the video!

Ma-e out!