Week 2 Arc 7- Suffocating

Thursday started and I got myself a date at lunch. Not that it was a date, just a picnic alone with Amao! Yeah, it's just that.

Maybe I should spend time with Senpai this morning though. Gotta make it up to him.

From his usual spot in the bench, he averted his eyes from the book he was reading to look at me. "Oh, Ayano! You're not in duty today? The you know, food distributing thing." Senpai drawls teasingly.

"Yeah, I'll just attend club activities later. Plus, I have a picnic at lunch with Amao anyway." I sat beside him.

"Lucky you." He bumped his shoulder towards me and I laughed. At the same time though, I feel guilty. I'm supposed to love Senpai, not any other rivals.

"Will you be fine alone at lunch? Sorry for not showing up Yesterday." I looked at Senpai with worry. It felt like he was hiding something from me.

"Yeah. It's a little peaceful being alone. Not that I don't want you around. But I do miss you during those times." Senpai's gaze flickered to another to not look at me or the part he was reading in the book after his confession.

"Thanks again, Taro."

-----

It's finally lunch, and our meeting place was supposed to be by the hill near the cherry blossom tree. Amao was setting up the blanket, and setting down the contents of his picnic basket. It was a peaceful afternoon, only hearing chattering of other students inside the school. You can hear the birds singing and - no I would not make another Undertale reference Yandere Dev please stop.

After a long while of just chewing over the made sandwiches, I broke the silence by fake coughing. The fake cough however caused me to choke my sandwich. Note to myself and to my future kids, DO NOT TRY TO COUGH WITH YOUR MOUTH FULL. It fckin hurts.

Amao, being kind as always, quickly grabbed a bottle of water and presented it in front of my face so I could drink it. I took the bottle from his hands so I can drink it myself, while he soothed me by rubbing my back. I managed to catch my breath after I drank the water down.

"Be careful next time, Ayano. You could've harm yourself!" Amao softly scold me while wiping my chin with a handkerchief. I let out a breath or two as I nod.

"I just want to talk." I wanted to know this straight because I'm completely clueless about the girl and just what was bothering Amao.

"You don't really need to stress yourself much with other's problems. I can handle it on my own." He retreated the cloth and looked in another direction.

Straightforward. Right. I can't pass this opportunity, so it would be a lot better if I start the talking.

"Amao, you're a nice person. Heck, you're an amazing person! You don't have to let all of your problems burden you or drag you down. Sometimes, speaking up is better. And you don't have to worry because I'm willing to help." My hand was on Amao's shoulders. Amao stared right back at me.

And then there was his tears threatening to fall.

He let out his breath and smiled at me wide. "Ayano..." He caressed my cheek, which is probably adorned with soft blush. "You are just the sweetest thing!"

I tried to shy away, but I was too lost looking at his eyes. "I mean it!" I could see genuine adoration from his eyes as he brushed my bangs back to uncover my face. "From the bottom of my heart."

Our faces were so close. Intimacy was clear.

Before we could, though, I lowered my head. This is too much intimacy for someone I just met in days!