Chapter 7: Where is He?

Aurora walked with her Godmother in the Moors during the day. Diaval's disappearance has really affected her Godmother. He was the only one who could reason with her. The only one who she listed to and kept her calm. There was not a moment that she did not regret her actions that night but it felt even worse not hearing from him for two years.

As they rested against a tree to rest a large black egal flew into the Moors. It hoped over to Aurora, " Look Godmother. Do you think it Diaval?". Maleficent looked at egal and smirked, " I don't think so bestie. He would never never turn himself into another bird. Besides this bird has a mark on it's back as if it were branded. ( She inspected the mark) I don't recognize the mark but it has a notes tied to it's foot". The note was released from it's foot and the bird flew off. The note was sealed with wax that had the same symbol as the mark on the birds back.

*
Dear Aurora and Maleficent,

I know that I haven't shown myself in two years. That you must be thinking that I am probably dead by now but this letter is proof that I'm not.

The reason that I haven't come back is because I need time. Maleficent, I'm not afraid of you, I just need time for myself and time to heal.

I have grown so much in my exile, that you have no idea. You must be thinking that I have left you forever. That is clearly untrue, I seen you and Aurora sleep. I have never been that far away.

I heard that Aurora will be crowned Queen soon and I promise you Aurora that I will be there with you. But I can't promise that I'll stay.

Until then,
- Diaval
*

Diaval had never strayed from his responsibilities. He knew that Aurora's crowning ceremony was coming up quickly. It did not matter if he was ready or not. He had to face Maleficent. Queen Ella found it fit for them to take little Gin to her first party. After all, she was already 5 years old in appearance. Diaval didn't want to take her daughter because he knew that Maleficent wouldn't take it lightly. All he knew was that if Maleficent tried anything, he would protect his child at all costs.

He couldn't take any risks so he went to the blacksmith. " Hello Sam. I need a favor". The blacksmith smiled and was willing to do anything his majesty needed. " Iron powder. As much as you can spear". This was going to be his best trick yet.