Chapter 13: A Joyful Day

A loud clank was heard as the cell door opened. Upon seeing who entered, the five men fumbled for something to hit him with but Diaval hit the naked fools before they even had time to think. He kicked them down, smashing a foot into one's windpipe. The other 2 tried to call for help, but Diaval snapped their necks as soon as they turned. The last 2 were also grabbed by him, and slowly he tightened his grip on them until their eyes fell limply. Once he made sure they were all dead, he turned slowly to Maleficent. He unchained her wrists and legs. She hugged him and sobbed into his shirt," Diaval my love. I thought you were dead. I was so scared!". He returned her hug, " I'm here Maleficent. I'm here". He removed his coat and gave it to her. She put it on, it covered her up to her knee. He carried her out of her cell and went outside.

"Thank you," she said softly, brokenly and he held her closer to his chest in response. She found herself not minding his closeness as much as she had before. She trusted him, feeling safe in his embrace. "I'm sorry I didn't get there sooner." He replied. "I heard them talking about what they were going to do, but I couldn't move. I could barely even breathe" He kept his eyes upward, not looking at her. His coat was big on her, and kept slipping off her body, and he tried to give her as much privacy as possible. For this she was extremely grateful. When she felt droplets break against her chest did she look up, and realised Diaval was crying silently. She didn't say anything but just pressed her head against his chest.

They continued their walk in silence, Diaval still obviously seething, until Maleficent asked something else."What did they do to you and why?" His posture shifted slightly at the question. Remembering his own piece of hell in that disgusting cell. "The better question would be what didn't they do to me." He chuckled darkly, skilfully avoiding the question. But Maleficent wasn't going to back down so easily. "Tell me," she pressed softly. "You have enough on your shoulders. I don't want to sadden you further." He continued walking down the hall. "Please, Diaval", Maleficent's eyes once again ran down to to his chest praying that he wasn't in any extra pain from carrying her, she already felt incredibly guilty. He knew that she wouldn't stop asking until she got her answer, " They cut me, beat me, whipped me, burned me. Crushed my ribs with a hammer. They just kept coming up with new ideas to pass the time with me. Luckily I had a healing rock with me and learned a few healing spells. My bones took a bit longer and that's why I took so long". Images of him being dragged away flashed before her eyes, and she dispelled the urge to throw up. "I'm sorry and the reason?"she whispered quietly. He stopped walking for a moment, feeling his legs shake beneath him. His grip on her tightened, refusing to let her go, " The reason is because I refused to obey her orders. She wanted me to mate with the princess. The girls is burly a child, 11 years old. Plus that would be breaking my promise and we both know that I don'tdo that.". Maleficent kissed his neck softly as she knew that her raven would always be loyal. " My grandfather was the raven of king Riley. My ancestors rested on the arms of kings. I wasn't born to follow her or anyone else", Maleficent gave him a questioning look. He laughed to himself a little, " Well, maybe not anyone. Maybe just you". He pressed his head against hers as they reached the outside garden.

Aurora and Phillip had broke the balcony window. With no other choice they jumped and fell onto a bush that softened their landing. Phillip got the horses and mounted one just as Maleficent and Diaval came into view. Diaval handed her to Phillip who raced off on his horse to the cave that Diaval had told him about. The cave was not too far. Just six miles away from the castle. Of course Maleficent refuses to go, she didn't want to leave him but he told her that it was the only way to keep her out of harm's way. After they left, Diaval and Aurora looked for Maleficent's wing. They found them in a large leather bag. They ran down to the stable to get the horses. Diaval handed Aurora the wings and ordered her to go to the cave because her Godmother would need her. He told her that she was with child and that all this stress would cause her to go into early labor. Without hesitation Aurora rode off into the night.

Diaval knew that he couldn't leave the princess so he went looking for her. All of the guards and the queen herself were under his spell. He knocked on her door and got no response. He tried turning the knob but it was locked. He called her name and the Princess ran to the door," Diaval!! I'm glad to hear your voice! My mother. She locked me in my room!". He pressed his ear against the door, to hear her better. He took a few step back, " Chloe! Stay clear of the door", she did as she was asked. He kicked the door open and was grated with a hug. She was scared of the resent events. He comfort her, " Shhh, it's ok Chloe. It's ok". They went down to the kitchen and grabbed as much as they could carry, enough to make it back to the Moors in 2 days. They filled the bags with Roast beef, lam , milk, cheese, sweet pastries, water and fruit. Of course they stopped by the royal safe to retrieve a few bags of gold and silver. For who knows what could happen on the road. All the bags were placed on River's back to carry. While, Diaval transformed into a horse to carry Chloe on his back.

Just as Diaval had said. The stress had caused Maleficent's stomach to grow. Here water had broken once they had arrived at the cave. She started panting as Phillip placed her at the far corner of the cave where Diaval had built a nest for them to sleep in for a few house during their journey to Phillip's castle. The nest was large and was able to hold 6 grown humans. She held onto Diaval's coat as the prince took off his cloak to place it over her. Aurora arrived moments after to find her Godmother pushing. She cried in pain as her contractions became harder and more constant. Aurora assisted her while Philip was asked to wait outside. For this was something ever declucte and need to only be handled by females.

It started to rain after a half hour of pushing. The head of the baby could be see. With one final push she yelled out, " DIAVAL!!!". She crying as the baby was delivered. She rested hard against the nest was another contraction started. Aurora cleaned the baby off with the cloak. The baby cried loudly as warm water touched it's skin. Chloe took care of the baby as Aurora prepared to deliver the second. There was another, a second baby on the way. She started to push immediately after the first one. She yelled out again after 30 minutes. The second baby came out and was cleaned off with warm water. Maleficent felt dead tired.

Diaval was outside the cave with Philip in the cold rain. He and a Chloe had arrived as the first baby was being delivered. His eyes widened at the sound of his baby but knew better than to enter without being told to. So, he waited until the second cry of lift was heard. 15 minutes later, he peaked his head inside the cave to have a little look. Aurora saw him and smiled, "You guys can come in know ( No one came) Philip?! Diaval?!". Diaval came flying in, in his raven form with Philip walking behind him. Diaval landed at the side of the nest. He changed to his human form and gazed down lovely at his wife. He kissed her forehead and whispered, "Well done". Aurora and Chloe brought in the babies into the nest. They handed one to Diaval and the other to Maleficent. They were twins, not identical but still twins. They had their Father's fair skin and his beautiful brown eyes. They had no horns and no wings but that was ok. Both had their Mother's brown hair and beauty.

The babies were a pair, a male and a female. No doubt they would inherit their mother's magic and their father's shapeshifting abilities. They slept peacefully as everyone else ate. Maleficent's magic returned and she couldn't be happier. She loved her children even though they had just entered the world a few hours ago. Diaval and Maleficent decided that only two children would be enough. It was a good thing too because child birth was unpleasant. They decided to name their daughter, Shayla. After Maleficent's mother and their son, Merrick. After Diaval's father. The names were perfect and they couldn't wait to show their children this amazing world.