Bonus Chapter: Watching Over US

The day that my beautiful raven left, it was nothing like a beautiful day. My life was left empty and it was plain or boring as humans like to say. The light in my life was gone and I just dwelled in my sorrow as the months passed. In the incoming years there was an equal share of pain and joy.

Joy because Marrick and Shayla had their own children. Each with their own mates. Maleficent was overjoyed to have seen her grandchildren grow and become beautiful men and women. They too grew up quickly and had children of their own.

Pain because Aurora was only blessed with one child which only lived for a short amount of time. About a month or two. Humans, unlike fairies cannot live for many years. At the age of 60, Aurora died of a strange illness and Phillip was not far behind.

Even though my life was full of darkness. It was also full of life. The day. On the day that my grandchildren were born and on the day of their presentation. Bright lights danced in the night sky. I heard the people of the kingdom call them, "the great spirits". That the dance of bright colors were our ancestors and family members who have had passed before us. According to the villagers, the spirits were happy and pleased. I wounder if Diaval was up there.

I also witness from a distance, the spirits comeing down and take my little beastie as she slept. The spirits flashed red if angry and other colors when happy. It danced so beautifully that I even felt unworthy to look upon them one night. On that night I dreamed that I was walking in the woods alone. Then there was when I heard a distanced caw from a raven in the distance. I did not turn for I knew that my beautiful raven was dead. I walked a few minutes until I hear the same caw again. I stop in my tracks when I hear a familiar voice, " Just like the first day we met". I turned to see a raven, glowing with the brightness of the sun. " Don't be afraid", said the voice said as I walked slowly towards it. The raven flew down to a lower branch, " You have forgotten something Maleficent". The voice sounded so familiar, " Diaval?".

I walked until I was face to face with the raven, " You have forgotten your purpose. You are the protector of the Moors. Be kind and open minded to everyone". I looked at him in wounder, with a few tears at the break of falling. " I'm sorry Diaval. I don't know how to be like you", the tears that were threatening to fall, fell. He shapeshifted and landed perfectly on his feet. He smiled as he placed a hand on my cheek and wiped away my tears with his tum, " As a Prince with a beating heart. I was most proud of one thing. Having you as the mother of my hatchlings and having you as my wife". His loving words brought sorrow as I remembered his last breath. He turned his back to me and started to walk to the deeper part of the woods, " No! Wait! Don't leave me again!", I grabbed his  cloak as I fell. He smiled and turned, " I have never left you Maleficent and I never will. I am always watching over you. You just have to be open to see it". With that said, he kissed my hands softly and shaphifted.

I woke up with a smile. It turns out that I was not the only one to receive a visit from my raven. My children, Merrick and Shayla also dreamed with their father. He reminded them how to rule as a good royal and to do what is right because it's right. I know that Diaval must be proud of them as much as I am.

Diaval never left us. He was always with us. In the warm touch of the sun and in the wild and swift blow of the wind. Now, I am scertin that he is dancing with the spirits in the sky as my beautiful Raven of Magic.

Thank you to all my faithful readers. As promised I wrote this last peace of Diaval's story. This is my gift to you this holiday and I hope you like it. Happy Holidays!
- Izzy